Axiom M80 V3 with My Bryston System - 'I cannot believe that this happened'

DaveNote

• Without music, life would be a mistake. Nietzsche
T'would indeed be nice if the evangelists, the proselytizers and the junior debate team would just leave a tract in the mailbox and move on. As if...
 Unless, like say, for James, this is your bread and butter, hi-fi really is an adult ToyLand and there should be room in the sandbox for all of us. Sometimes I think there's something about "The Hobby" that just makes folks grumpy. Maybe younger people avoid hi-fi because they're afraid it'll turn them into a cranky, over-opinionated, under-socialized...ahhh never mind. I'm not getting mired in that morass.

I take great joy from music. I take great pride in having put togther a system which pleases me in that it allows me to take all the spiritual nourishment from music that it offers me. And the sucker's paid for.
With that said, I am content.

Hope it spreads.

D.D.

The Gospel according to Diamond Dog! I like all of it, chapter and verse. Sign me up.  :D

Dave

werd

The Gospel according to Diamond Dog! I like all of it, chapter and verse. Sign me up.  :D

Dave

he'll take 10 percent of your income.

DaveNote

http://www.matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_rodajealtavoces.htm

Thanks, Prelude. This was a wonderful alternative to firing up another senseless feud. The surveyor's comments, I thought, were not as helpful as seeing how the manufacturers are all over the map about burn in.

Milford, who believes the M80s require a lot of burn in, is supported by the manufacturer who says that cones with different materials require different burn in, noting that metal ones take the longest. The M80s' cones are all metallic.

If I had to tilt in any direction, and thank God I don't, I'd say that even this survey shows that some kind of burn in, even very short, and depending on materials used, may be technically justified, and that the rest, in many, if not all, cases is really burning in one's head in getting used to the new sound. I can buy into that because at my age I have to burn in my head every morning just to get it started. Three seconds of cable news blather usually does the trick.

Dave

milford3

DaveNote: I'm just being a music lover here.  Please listen to this song by Vince Gill and compare the mid-range between PMC's and Axiom M80v3's.  This song always puts a tear in my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXrmAKBBTU

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
he'll take 10 percent of your income.

I said earlier that the sucker was paid for. Well my brothers, it didn't pay for itself...How would you feel about shakin' a tambourine down at the airport ?  :eyebrows:

D.D.

Diamond Dog

DaveNote: I'm just being a music lover here.  Please listen to this song by Vince Gill and compare the mid-range between PMC's and Axiom M80v3's.  This song always puts a tear in my eye.

That's a nice piece of work, milford3. Country needs more guys like Vince Gill to keep the flame alive.

D.D.

milford3

Dog.  I concur, concur.  This song by Vinnce is about the death of his brother.  The details of his brothers death I do not know.   

DaveNote

Milford, this link doesn't load on my iPad. What's the name of the song? Never have listened to Gill. I'll see if I can find a way to get it playing om my audio system, if I can find it on youtube, or elsewhere. Unfortunately, that also means having to crank up my PC, which I now loath. Do you have any other title where I might do the comparison you're looking for im case I can't find the Gill track?

Dave

milford3

Dave Note:  The name of the song is "Go rest high on the mountain."  Gills best.  Just want to know how this song compares to the PMC's to the Axiom M80v3.  Enjoy the music my friend.     

werd

I said earlier that the sucker was paid for. Well my brothers, it didn't pay for itself...How would you feel about shakin' a tambourine down at the airport ?  :eyebrows:

D.D.

Ok I was at the airport where were you?

Diamond Dog

Ok I was at the airport where were you?

I was here listening to the system all my tambourine-shakers paid for. Now where's my money?

D.D.

bjski

Dave, I also have the 7bsst/2 but like you in a different system. The big system has been relegated to it's own room in the basement.  :duh: Gotta deal with the WAF.

DaveNote

Dave, I also have the 7bsst/2 but like you in a different system. The big system has been relegated to it's own room in the basement.  :duh: Gotta deal with the WAF.

bjski, this is a great option if one spends a lot of time in a second room listening to the big system. My two system, in-the-same-room, arrangement is presenting me with a bit of a conundrum. I think my M80s undoubtedly sound better with my 7BSST2s, but I've yet to figure out how I can do setups that let me listen to the MB2is and switch to the M80s easily, meaning without connecting and unconnecting cables. And there is an even more scary potential choice to make. If I decide I like the M80s using the 7BSST2s more than the MB2is - not entirely impossible - then what? No need to answer this mostly rhetorical question rattling around my head today.

Dave

Diamond Dog

bjski, this is a great option if one spends a lot of time in a second room listening to the big system. My two system, in-the-same-room, arrangement is presenting me with a bit of a conundrum. I think my M80s undoubtedly sound better with my 7BSST2s, but I've yet to figure out how I can do setups that let me listen to the MB2is and switch to the M80s easily, meaning without connecting and unconnecting cables. And there is an even more scary potential choice to make. If I decide I like the M80s using the 7BSST2s more than the MB2is - not entirely impossible - then what? No need to answer this mostly rhetorical question rattling around my head today.

Dave
That's a dilly of a pickle you find yourself in there, Dave. Hmmm....
Tell you what I'm gonna do for you today : I'll take those PMC's off your hands if they're just gonna clutter up the joint. You paid, what, about $1400 for those Axioms,no? I'll give'em a good home and I'll give you, oh, let's say $1350...I'd pay more but- well they're not quite as good as those M80's are they - so I guess the offer should reflect that, huh?  I mean Momma didn't raise no fools, right ? Am I right ? Sure I'm right ! Hell, I'm feeling the love today...I'll even throw in the shipping charges ! Whattaya say there, Sport ? It'll be like gettin' those new speakers for free !

But hey, Bud - pitter patter, let's get at 'er !  I hear somebody's about to post about a pair of something that's gonna really shake up the ol' audio world for under a grand fer cryin' out loud and well that ain't exactly gonna help yer resale...

So...we got a deal?

Tongue firmly in cheek,
D.D.

DaveNote

D.D. I thought someone might want to make me an offer I couldn't refuse, and I had an inkling it might be you.

Which raises this question about your chosen avatar: Is he trying not to see the reaction of people to whom he has made such offers? Or is he just trying to hide from his victims.

Dave

Diamond Dog

D.D. I thought someone might want to make me an offer I couldn't refuse, and I had an inkling it might be you.

Which raises this question about your chosen avatar: Is he trying not to see the reaction of people to whom he has made such offers? Or is he just trying to hide from his victims.

Dave

A little from Column A and a little from Column B, Dave.  :D
Actually, it's David Bowie circa Heroes

D.D.

bjski

Dave,did you get the better woofers and the dual speaker wire inputs?
Thanks

DaveNote

Dave Note:  The name of the song is "Go rest high on the mountain."  Gills best.  Just want to know how this song compares to the PMC's to the Axiom M80v3.  Enjoy the music my friend.   

Milford, I found Gill singing this song, but could only set it up to listen to it through my iPad to my M80s, not my PMCs. So in terms of the comparison you wanted, I'm sorry it was a no go.

I am not much of a country music fan, so the Gill cut, I'm afraid, did not move me.

The only country tilting piece that is among my favourite songs is Lyle Lovett singing North Dakota. Hopefully, this link will get you to the YouTube version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvTvnltNmfc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dave

milford3

Dave, I listened to Lyle Lovett - North Dakota through my Axiom M22v3's.  What a great song.  Cheers!