Another big sale on completed speakers.

Danny Richie

Another big sale on completed speakers.
« on: 13 May 2013, 08:54 pm »
Here is another great deal for the taking that is being passed on from Carnegie Acoustics.

These are the larger CST-1's that came in on the first shipment. They also had the damping material improperly installed. Again it was decided that instead of opening up all of these boxes and fixing every pair it would be better to just slash the price and sell them direct to the customer at a huge discount.

The CST-1 is a floor standing speaker that was based off of our N3 kit design. It uses the BG Neo tweeter with deep back cups. It also uses a pair of 5.25" paper cone woofers based off of our M-130 design. The speaker is 8 ohms and has 89db sensitivity. It is a rear terminated transmission line design tuned to 44Hz.

These have a black gloss finish that looks really nice. And the speakers are well packed and covered with a velour embroidered bag.

The cabinets were suppose to be lined with a resonance control sheet that is an asphalt/vinyl based damper. But not all of the cabinet contained this material. And the cabinets were missing most of the polyfill.

These retail for $1,999 a pair: http://carnegieacoustics.net/#/products/

They are now blowing these out for $990 a pair.

Here is what needs to be done to them by the customer. Simply remove the woofers and install the additional polyfill or fiberglass insulation. You can also glue in some additional damping material like vinyl floor tiles or something if need. You could even line them with No Rez if you really want to take them up a notch.

Here is a copy of the instructions that were sent to the factory regarding corrections that needed to be made to the next batch.

http://gr-research.com/pdf/carnegie%20stuffing%20issue.pdf

Everything else about these speaker are great. Good quality crossover parts were used and they even have tube connectors instead of binding posts. The finish is awesome and they even have magnetically held on grills. They even come with floor spikes. :thumb:

This is a steal of a deal. Get them now. Just give me a call here at GR Research to order them. 940-592-3400
« Last Edit: 15 May 2013, 06:31 pm by Danny Richie »

nickd

Re: Another big sale on completed speakers.
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2013, 10:50 pm »
Did a bit of research. Awarded 4 blue notes at full retail. I wonder what he would say at 1/2 price :o

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1112/carnegie_acoustics_cst_1.htm

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2013, 06:29 pm »
And there is still a great deal on the CTB-1's here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=114282.0

These are great matching speakers that can also be used as rear surrounds.

And the matching center is discount big too: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=114345.0

These are in stock and ready to ship.

Captainhemo

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2013, 04:07 am »
Talk about a great deal on  a full set of  "N series" speakers..... UNREAL   :thumb: :thumb:

-jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2013, 01:25 pm »
Talk about a great deal on  a full set of  "N series" speakers..... UNREAL   :thumb: :thumb:

-jay

Well, they were based off of my N Series kits anyway.

oldman45

« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2013, 05:31 pm »
Well, they were based off of my N Series kits anyway.

How close are they in sound?

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2013, 05:42 pm »
How close are they in sound?

Pretty close. The parts quality difference between the two are the biggest differences if comparing to an N3 loaded with Sonicaps. They are not too far off of our base N3 kit. The woofers have a little less sensitivity in the Carnegie models as well. But the sound is very similar.

The price of these is way below what they should be selling for. This is a major bargain.

Captainhemo

« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2013, 06:40 pm »
Sorry Danny,  I didn't mean to imply they  WERE N3's, my post might have been  misinterpeted  a bit.

Anyway,  I read  a couoiple reviews of the  Carnagie CST-1's and they  were very highly praised.  One  even said that at heir suggested retail they were a   barain

-jay

bdp24

« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2013, 03:52 pm »
Danny---For a person who will be crossing over at 80hz from a pair of your subs to either the CTB or CST, what are the advantages/disadvantages of each compared to the other? Other than that the CST will presumably play a little louder than the CTB, in a 10'H X 13'W X 19'L room.

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2013, 04:14 pm »
Danny---For a person who will be crossing over at 80hz from a pair of your subs to either the CTB or CST, what are the advantages/disadvantages of each compared to the other? Other than that the CST will presumably play a little louder than the CTB, in a 10'H X 13'W X 19'L room.

80Hz is a pretty high crossover point. The higher you go the hard it will be to integrate them. I'd cross the mini-monitors over at 60Hz and no higher if it we me. And on the towers I'd cross them at 40Hz. That will get you some real seamless integration.

And yes the CST-1's (towers) will play louder easier and with less strain.

bdp24

« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2013, 03:57 pm »
Great, thanks.

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jun 2013, 07:43 pm »
There are still good quantities of these in stock.

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 26 Aug 2013, 04:32 pm »
There are still some of these available at the discounted price.

edoggrc51

« Reply #14 on: 5 Jan 2014, 11:49 pm »
There are still some of these available at the discounted price.

Hey Danny, any CSC-1's left?? I have a friend who might be interested in one. Thanks!

asliarun

« Reply #15 on: 6 Jan 2014, 12:40 am »
I have the cst1 and they sound really really good. Fit and finish is extremely good too, and more so considering the price. They also slope gently backwards - the entire cabinet and not just the baffle. Possibly for time alignment?

Danny Richie

« Reply #16 on: 6 Jan 2014, 02:06 pm »
I have the cst1 and they sound really really good. Fit and finish is extremely good too, and more so considering the price. They also slope gently backwards - the entire cabinet and not just the baffle. Possibly for time alignment?

It is a slight polar tilt that helps project the image well into the room.