Ortofon Black Cartridge - Moving Magnet - Used but Excellent condition

sonof12

For sale is my barely used Ortofon Black cartridge. I have had it on my table for about 6 months and it has really low hours (estimating less than 100 hours). This is one of the best MM cartridges you can get - solid deep pass, great detail, perfect tone and timbre...its really good. The only reason I am moving on is my new preamp is MC only. My loss is your gain.

Features   "The Black outputs a healthy 5mV, with a stated frequency range of 20Hz-31kHz. Load resistance is 47k ohms. Recommended tracking force is 1.5 grams with a total cartridge weight of 7.2 grams." "Its body is made up of a special Noryl plastic/glass mixture that Ortofon has found to offer high rigidity together with the elimination of unwanted resonances, and it gives the cartridge a pleasingly high-tech look. The Black uses a special upgraded engine different from those used in the less expensive 2M cartridges." "The stylus shape is nude Shibata, which is the same type used on Ortofon’s upscale Jubilee moving-coil cartridge."

$360.00 OBO (buyer to pay shipping as well)

Thanks,

Jon

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
That is a really good price, I don't think it will be here long.

sonof12

Bump - I would go $350 OBO.

sonof12

Well dang - I find it hard to believe I'm too high priced here but just to move it I'll take 320 firm for the cart (buyer covers shipping).

rlee8394

OK, I'll take it.

sonof12

Sold pending funds

sonof12

gene9p

nice..love the 2m black on my VPI Classic 2