« Reply #200 on: 9 Dec 2016, 04:15 pm »
Thursday evening this question came up at the Cleveland Heights skating rink:
Is anyone in N.E. Ohio up to anything?

Jonathan

Re: North East Ohio
« Reply #201 on: 9 Dec 2016, 04:31 pm »
Thursday evening this question came up at the Cleveland Heights skating rink:
Is anyone in N.E. Ohio up to anything?

My system has completely changed over the past year: I kept the Pararsound A21 amp, but replaced my Thiel 3.6s with a pair of Maggie 1.7s, added a REL Stadium III sub, sold the Parasound ZDAC and bought a PS Audio PerfectWave DAC II, and replaced my ARC preamp with a Tortuga LDR attenuator (now running off a 12 volt battery). I think it sounds pretty darned good, but no one has been over to hear it. Maybe after the first of the year...

-Jon

bbaxter

« Reply #202 on: 11 Jan 2017, 02:17 am »
I'd love to hear your new system, Jon!  I got a pair of Maggie MMGs for my small listening room & love them!
Let's figure out a time to get the group together.

Jonathan

« Reply #203 on: 11 Jan 2017, 01:59 pm »
Congrats on the new Maggies, Bill. They're a lot of fun, aren't they? Looking forward to hearing yours and having you over to hear mine.

tcnicholas

« Reply #204 on: 12 Jan 2017, 02:13 am »
Congratulations on the Maggies!  I'm on my second pair and am sold on their sound.  My wife does not like the size and therefore has banished them to my small office as a near field speaker.  Does anyone know when the next Happy Dog event for the vinyl enthusiasts will be held?

Jonathan

« Reply #205 on: 19 Jan 2017, 08:34 pm »
Just a quick shout-out to the NE Ohio guys. I have a Headroom "The Little" headphone amp and a pair of Kimber Silver Streak interconnects with WBT RCAs. Both have some years on them, but both work perfectly. I am highly motivated to move them in order to put some cash together for another purchase. Please let me know if you might be interested in either, and we can discuss prices. Thanks!

Jon

Jonathan

« Reply #206 on: 17 Feb 2017, 07:38 pm »
Anyone in the NE Ohio group have Monday off for President's Day? Might be a good day for a listening session at my house.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #207 on: 17 Feb 2017, 10:49 pm »
I have every Monday off. But the grandsons also have this coming Monday off. And so far there's an indoor soccer tournament and a practice speedskating race on the list.

kernelbob

« Reply #208 on: 18 Feb 2017, 03:55 am »
Unfortunately, I have to work Monday.  How's that Tortuga sounding?  Did the battery power supply improve yours as much as I said it did mine?  When I used the Perfectwave Mk-II DAC, it always had the best bass at the max volume.  I'll bet that combo has great dynamics and grain-free smoothness.

I also want to have the NE Ohio folks over to my place soon.  I've installed a loom of Masterbuilt Ultra cabling, a Mutec MC3+USB digital reclocker, and have a Lampizator GoldenGate due soon.

Jonathan

« Reply #209 on: 18 Feb 2017, 11:59 pm »
How's that Tortuga sounding?  Did the battery power supply improve yours as much as I said it did mine?  When I used the Perfectwave Mk-II DAC, it always had the best bass at the max volume.  I'll bet that combo has great dynamics and grain-free smoothness. I also want to have the NE Ohio folks over to my place soon.  I've installed a loom of Masterbuilt Ultra cabling, a Mutec MC3+USB digital reclocker, and have a Lampizator GoldenGate due soon.

But for the hiccup I had with the balance control, the Tortuga is sounding great; it does seem fuller sounding with the preamp in the rig than straight into the amp.  Not sure I'm hearing a huge difference with or without the battery.  I very much want to hear your system, so keep me in the loop.

Jonathan

« Reply #210 on: 3 Jun 2017, 08:23 pm »
Hey guys. Not sure if anyone might be in the market for new speakers, but there's a pair of "minty" Maggie 1.7s listed for sale on Ebay for a mere $950. That's a really great price for a really good speaker. They're located in Akron; the seller wants a local pickup. Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152570690096 

If anyone wants to come and listen to mine to hear what I'm talking about, you're welcome. I cannot imagine you finding a better sounding speaker for that price (or considerably more). Hope you guys are all doing well.

Jon

Jonathan

« Reply #211 on: 11 Dec 2017, 03:43 pm »
Hi guys. I am open to having a small get together some time this weekend. Bill already said he is in for Saturday or Sunday. I am good with either day. Let me know who might be interested. 

Best,

Jon 

kernelbob

« Reply #212 on: 11 Dec 2017, 05:20 pm »
Jonathan, count me in.  It's been too long since we'd had a get-together.

Jonathan

« Reply #213 on: 11 Dec 2017, 06:41 pm »
Jonathan, count me in.  It's been too long since we'd had a get-together.

Great! Do you have preference for which day (Saturday or Sunday) or what time?

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #214 on: 11 Dec 2017, 10:27 pm »
Great! Do you have preference for which day (Saturday or Sunday) or what time?
Where? (approximately) don't put exact address on the web.

Jonathan

« Reply #215 on: 12 Dec 2017, 12:11 am »
I'm on the east side, not far from where Bill and Ray live. You can PM me for more specifics if you want.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #216 on: 12 Dec 2017, 02:23 pm »
Only one normal weekend left this calendar year.
I skate in Cleveland Heights on Saturdays till about 2PM.
Sundays in Painsville till noon.

Jonathan

« Reply #217 on: 13 Dec 2017, 02:00 am »
Hey guys. It’s looking like 1:30 or 2:00 on Saturday will work for some of us, so let’s do that. I will have some snacks, but feel free to bring whatever you want

PM me for the address and phone number.

Jon

bbaxter

« Reply #218 on: 14 Dec 2017, 01:02 pm »
I'll bring beer!

Jonathan

« Reply #219 on: 14 Dec 2017, 01:56 pm »
I'll bring beer!

Sounds good--thanks!