I have two Titans that are completely out of phase with each other

pabloaguas

I have a pair of titans that were purchased used at different times. One is definitely a Titan II LE, the other looks the same for the exception of having a rubber woofer gasket, and larger knobs on the amp as well as white dielectric on the RCA jacks.

It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but finally found that I had the best sound and SPL when I ran them directly out-of phase with each other... one set to 0 degrees, the other to 180 degrees. If i set them both to zero or 180 the output is greatly reduced and muddy.

Could it be that the amp internals (design) are so different from each other that they are not in phase? Or, is it simply that the polarity of the woofer was wired incorrectly on one of the subs? If so, how would I know which one is miswired- is the woofer marked + - and the wires color coded (red/black) for example?

Thanks for the help

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
Hello,

The woofer terminals should be marked for polarity and the wires should also be marked. Easiest way would simply be to take one of the woofers out and reverse the polarity . . .