What ohm rating of the driver (dynaudio 17w75) in the Quartz 3 way

marksrent@gmail.com

Hello all,

I am fixing up a old pair of Quartz 3 ways. The  17w75 that come with the kit are a 6 ohm model is that correct ohm rating. When  built the kit back in 88 I didnt notice. Now I have to replace the woofers and I want to make sure I am using the correct one.

thanks for any help  mark

Mike Dzurko

Seems to me that Dyna called it a 6 ohm driver even though it spec-ed out pretty much like everyone else's 8 ohm drivers. I think Dyna was just trying to be more honest in saying the 6 ohm rating was closer to what it actually was . . . .

marksrent@gmail.com

Thank you Mike for the fast responce .

mark

Chris Colhoun

Hi,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but would someone be able to tell me were I could purchase the cheapest replacement driver for the Dynaudio 17W75?

I have a pair of old Audience 60 speakers and one of the 17W75 woofers has been damaged... alternatively would I be better replacing both woofers (there is one in each speaker) with a set of equivalent or better drivers (that would be the correct spec to work with the existing cross overs)?

(To purchase an original replacement from Dyn I am looking at about $400 + shipping. (I am in Australia)

Cheers
Chris

Mike Dzurko

Chris, I think I'd try one of two strategies:

1) Check with Meniscus and Madisound to see if they could repair/rebuild the damaged driver
2) Check various DIY forums and classifieds to see if you can find a good condition replacement or pair

Best of luck!