Rolling Stones on HBO

mgalusha

Rolling Stones on HBO
« on: 19 Jan 2003, 04:26 am »
Did anyone catch the Stones concert on HBO tonight (it's just ended as I type this)? I thought they put on a pretty good show considering they look like walking cadavers. :)

I wish the sound was better. Even on the HBO HD channel on dish it was only Pro Logic (according to the processor display). Still, it was probably better than it was in Madison Square Garden.

rosconey

Rolling Stones on HBO
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2003, 11:27 am »
had the show cranked last night.my only bitch i i forgot to tape it :mrgreen:

Castanza

Rolling Stones on HBO
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2003, 05:31 pm »
Yes I caught pretty much the entire concert. I have a digital cable box, but it isn't digital as they (comcast) assert, it is stereo. It was okay, but i have the dvd Bridges over Babylon, so the sound can't be compared. Overall, it wasn't a bad concert if you are a Stones fan. Keith Richards is definitely rough, and the hair, who knows?
I saw a commercial last night, and they are going to view it again this Thursday evening. You know if you miss it on HBO, you will only have upteen times to see it. Its kinda like a blessing & a curse.

Anthony C

Rolling Stones on HBO
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2003, 04:34 am »
I saw most of it and was disapointed. I saw them last in 88 or 89 and was really suprised at how good they were. I had always liked them but they sounded fantastic live, especially that tour. It seemed to me that Mick has lost a lot since then and was basically going through the motions, The band as a whole just didn't seem to have the energy, maybe it was an off night (I hope)