TOUR of LDR3.V25 Passive Preamp with new V25 LDR preamp controller

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
I plan on building it. It won't be as easy as the 3 input kit though since I will have to source at least the chassis and mounting board.

Getting a chassis with the back plate drilled and labeled is going to be the fun part. I can drill round holes but squares or rectangles is a different issue, then will come the labeling.

Would a wood back plate work or would that cause issues?

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
I plan on building it. It won't be as easy as the 3 input kit though since I will have to source at least the chassis and mounting board.

Getting a chassis with the back plate drilled and labeled is going to be the fun part. I can drill round holes but squares or rectangles is a different issue, then will come the labeling.

Would a wood back plate work or would that cause issues?

You can certainly use wood. I would limit this to max 1/8" thickness since any thicker and the power/trigger jacks run out of thread. No problem with the longer RCA jacks especially the Cardas which are long to start with.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Next stop on the tour is SFDude in Seattle.

1) audiogurujax (FL)
2) WC (IL)
3) rklein (OH)
4) ozarktom (MO)
5) mlundy57 (OK)
6) srclose (OK)
7) mrvco (CO)
8 ) tubeburner (WA)

9) SFdude (WA)
10) mamba315 (CA)
11) SoundsGood (LA)

mamba315

Just a note to say that the tour preamp has been shipped from SFDude to myself, and arrived safely today.  I hooked it up and got it passing tunes, and am now reading the online documentation so I can explore all the features.  Next update will probably occur once I have shipped it off to the next person.  Have a lot of listening to do in the meantime..

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Just a note to say that the tour preamp has been shipped from SFDude to myself, and arrived safely today.  I hooked it up and got it passing tunes, and am now reading the online documentation so I can explore all the features.  Next update will probably occur once I have shipped it off to the next person.  Have a lot of listening to do in the meantime..

Thanks.
Enjoy!

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Tour is almost done with preamp currently chill'n in LA with mamba315.  :thumb:

1) audiogurujax (FL)
2) WC (IL)
3) rklein (OH)
4) ozarktom (MO)
5) mlundy57 (OK)
6) srclose (OK)
7) mrvco (CO)
8 ) tubeburner (WA)
9) SFdude (WA)
10) mamba315 (CA)

11) SoundsGood (LA)

plakey

Looks like I'm late to this party!  :cry:

Any plans for another tour...?  8)

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Looks like I'm late to this party!  :cry:

Any plans for another tour...?  8)

No, the tour is over and I've no plans at the moment for another round with our current model.