The Finished Room

Housteau

Re: The Finished Room
« Reply #40 on: 3 Sep 2014, 11:33 pm »
Hello,

Are you currently running a Behringer unit in your system , if so , any issues ..?

Yes I am, but it is a modified version adding full analog control over the inputs and outputs.  One of the nice benefits is that it allows the analog input signals to be set at the ideal gain before going to the digital section.

So far after all these years it has not given me any trouble.  In fact I have a hard time trying to justify moving to something else as a replacement.  I have been considering a DEQX. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #41 on: 27 Sep 2014, 04:43 pm »
That room looks amazing!
I called my wife in to see the pics. She LOVES "Han", and wants one of her own.  :lol:

Housteau

« Reply #42 on: 29 Sep 2014, 01:14 pm »
Thank you.  It continues to be a sonic revelation.  I am enjoying listening to all of my older recordings.  It is as if I am truly hearing them for the first time.

aevans

« Reply #43 on: 30 Sep 2014, 07:49 am »
Looks like I need to take another trip down there to see/listen to the new room. Glad you got those bass issues fixed, it was just piling up on that back wall once the music got above a certain volume.

I've still got your number so unless you don't want to be bothered I'll be giving you a call some time this week to catch up and see about setting a time for a visit.

I'm tempted to bring some of my gear to see what it can do in such a nice big room.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #44 on: 30 Sep 2014, 12:27 pm »
Housteau, where do you live?  Thanks.

Hipper

« Reply #45 on: 30 Sep 2014, 07:11 pm »
Heaven by the sound of it.  :)

Housteau

« Reply #46 on: 1 Oct 2014, 10:18 pm »
Looks like I need to take another trip down there to see/listen to the new room. Glad you got those bass issues fixed, it was just piling up on that back wall once the music got above a certain volume.

I've still got your number so unless you don't want to be bothered I'll be giving you a call some time this week to catch up and see about setting a time for a visit.

I'm tempted to bring some of my gear to see what it can do in such a nice big room.

You are certainly welcome any time.  I have mostly been a fairly moderate level listener and so those bass issues in my earlier room didn't rear their ugly head very often.  It was in the rear corners as well with lots of dead spots outside of the listening seat.  I had way too much speaker for the room at those higher levels I think.  The new room breathes really well with none of the former problems (of course there are always new ones that need to be mitigated).  The energy is distributed very well now and I find myself less restrained with the volume levels, especially on the larger scale works.  I think the smaller room had more to do with my moderate listening levels than anything else.   

Housteau

« Reply #47 on: 1 Oct 2014, 10:35 pm »
Housteau, where do you live?  Thanks.

Heaven by the sound of it.  :)

I live in South Louisiana and you are right, for me my room feels like heaven.  It is not perfect and I am sure it can be picked apart by those that are used to better.  There is always better.  We each have that line drawn for us that we have to make the best with.  Today I find myself enjoying a space that not long ago I couldn't have imagined possible.  So, I am very grateful and take nothing for granted.

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
« Reply #48 on: 12 Oct 2014, 09:45 am »
Just read through your topic and the room and your system really looks great!
Always nice to see how much acoustic improvements can be made to an existing room

Congratulations but most important: enjoy!

Best regards,

Jean

Housteau

« Reply #49 on: 12 Oct 2014, 07:27 pm »
Just read through your topic and the room and your system really looks great!
Always nice to see how much acoustic improvements can be made to an existing room

Congratulations but most important: enjoy!

Best regards,

Jean

Thank you.  I have especially been enjoying listening to much of my older music that I have had for quite some time, as if it is the first time I have heard it.  In some respects maybe it is.