Axpona?

diofan56

Axpona?
« on: 7 Apr 2018, 06:24 pm »
Hi Klaus!

What are you bringing to Axpona next weekend?

Dave

klaus@odyssey

Re: Axpona?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2018, 04:21 am »
Leaving here early morning...have same system as last year,  simply because it's so freaking awesome....(see AV showroom report)

VPI , van den Hul,  Magnan,   Suspiro phono stage,  Candela,  Khartago SE  monos,  Kismet speakers.......and of course my Gaggia.....

Late,

Klaus

jazzguy

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2018, 06:37 pm »
Klaus

While we're on this general topic, are you going to be at Newport Beach this year?

Housteau

« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2018, 11:06 pm »
Leaving here early morning...have same system as last year,  simply because it's so freaking awesome....(see AV showroom report)

VPI , van den Hul,  Magnan,   Suspiro phono stage,  Candela,  Khartago SE  monos,  Kismet speakers.......and of course my Gaggia.....

Late,

Klaus

The room truly did sound awesome.  I came back several times and was one of the last to leave on Sunday when the show ended.  There was a lot of work put into that room and it came through with flying colors.  These events are not just about the equipment.  They are also about having that gear perform in a real world situation.  That is where the painstaking detail of setting things up correctly comes in to play.  I know how hard that is and the kind of person and skills it takes to achieve that.  I used to be a part of the VMPS team and helped Brian Chaney with room set-up in Vegas.  That was quite an experience assisting that man.  But, besides the gear and the sound, the room should also be a fun experience.  Klaus knows how to have and create a fun environment.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2018, 08:18 pm »
Thanks for the kind words....yup,  we hit it out the park again....was a shit room that took me over 7 hours to work on between Thursday late night (until 6 am) and Friday night again....but the work did pay off,  and walking around the floor,  I just don't get it why others don't do the same...especially in such a small shitty box.

As for Newport,  yes,  I'm in,  and will show something similar....actually,  I'll use Allen's system for the most part,  as he volunteered,  and I'll save a couple K's on shipping this way....

UCrazyKid

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2018, 09:00 pm »
Hi Klaus, paid you a visit at AXPONA. Wow, just wow. Great room probably the best I heard at AXPONA and certainly at the price point.A kid brought in his own Jerry Garcia vinyl and it sounded very nice.

AlTran

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2018, 11:33 pm »
Klaus, I was in the US NAVY & I learned the hard way to understand the true abbreviation of the word NAVY (Never Again Volunteer Yourself). I told my wife I didn't pay for the system as these are all show pieces from Odyssey Audio @ Newport every year & I got to keep them in my garage & Klaus can save on shipping cost every year.

ngamountains

« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2018, 11:46 pm »
Klaus, I was in your room Friday when you were having such trouble with the CD player and getting the turntable set up, and you gave me several pieces of setup advice for my recently acquired Odyssey Kismets.  I came back Saturday and the door was again locked, so thought perhaps you were still having trouble and decided to cut your losses and head out.  Sorry I missed seeing you again for the great sound it appears you eventually realized, but I'm glad for you that you got it sorted.  It was a pleasure to meet you and I really appreciate your help!

Randy

aaron.luebke

« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2018, 09:54 pm »
Was anyone there when he ran Ulla Meinecke?  WOW!!!

Great room Klaus.   :thumb:

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2018, 07:45 am »
Hey Aaron,

Good to see you again,  but it was actually Nina Hagen.....

And the first reviews are coming in:

https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/axpona-2018-a-new-location-a-new-vibe/

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #10 on: 20 Apr 2018, 03:17 pm »
Nice comments.  I may have to shift my show going to Axpona instead of RMAF....

aaron.luebke

« Reply #11 on: 20 Apr 2018, 05:42 pm »
Hey Aaron,

Good to see you again,  but it was actually Nina Hagen.....

And the first reviews are coming in:

https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/axpona-2018-a-new-location-a-new-vibe/

Are you sure...??  I bought the Ulla CD  Die Taenzerin - sounded just like what you were playing.  Now...don't get me wrong - if I have to go search out Nina Hagen I would be delighted to do so!  Always picking up new stuff at your room - even if it's just music.

jose

« Reply #12 on: 21 Apr 2018, 07:33 pm »

aaron.luebke

« Reply #13 on: 21 Apr 2018, 08:15 pm »
LOL... "That's because he knows what he's doing".

Darn straight!!!   :bowdown:

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2018, 07:18 am »
Guess you're right....had Ulla Meineke with me..yup.

And this show was a showpiece for us as to how much speakers you can get into a really small listening area and still get a full, mind-blowing 3D representation out of it....as I said before,  it took work,  but also showed the strengths of our system....(tooteling my horn,  I know, but all true)

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #15 on: 2 May 2018, 07:11 am »

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #16 on: 2 May 2018, 02:27 pm »
Gotta love Dead Can Dance!  Their live album Toward the within has a track called Sanvean sung by Lisa Gerard. The crescendo gives me goosebumps!

Love the chrome face plates.....I may have to add that to my next order or heck, my current order.

Brettio

« Reply #17 on: 4 May 2018, 12:03 pm »
As for Newport,  yes,  I'm in,  and will show something similar....actually,  I'll use Allen's system for the most part,  as he volunteered,  and I'll save a couple K's on shipping this way....

It looks like the Newport show has been cancelled

https://www.stereophile.com/content/los-angeles-audio-show-cancelled

One of my very few regrets in life is never having attended the Newport audio show despite living in Newport Beach/corona Del Mar most of my life.  :duh:

Brett
« Last Edit: 4 May 2018, 05:58 pm by Brettio »

AlTran

« Reply #18 on: 4 May 2018, 05:36 pm »
Brett,

That is the LAAS June 8-10 CANCELLED. The SHOW Newport Beach June 1-3 is still ON.

Brettio

« Reply #19 on: 4 May 2018, 05:56 pm »
Al thank you for clarifying that!  I don't know what the ticket status is for the Newport show but i may get back there for it.  I'm glad it's still on..