power cord for H Frame A370 amp

jimbones

power cord for H Frame A370 amp
« on: 10 Jan 2018, 02:17 am »
I am looking to upgrade from the stock cable. Any preferences on PC for the A370 servo amp? Thanks.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: power cord for H Frame A370 amp
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2018, 02:25 am »
I was able to get some hospital grade power cords for mine. Nothing fancy but more robust and with beefier, more solid connectors. 

Mike

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2018, 02:08 pm »
I made my power cords using Marinco plugs (Parts Express) and 12/3 cable from the local hardware store.

Early B.

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2018, 02:16 pm »
No need for anything special. A Pangea power cord is sufficient.

jimbones

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2018, 02:24 pm »
Early B  thats exactly what i was going to purchase.  :thumb: From what I can see it doesn't pay to go too crazy with very expensive PC on the sub amp.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2018, 04:07 pm »
I am using the Pangea 9 awg cords on the HX800's with very good results.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2018, 04:52 pm »
Save your money and put better cords on source components and your main amp. That's my take.....

Shakey

Captainhemo

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jan 2018, 04:55 pm »
I am using the Pangea 9 awg cords on the HX800's with very good results.

Fun cables to route too !!  Great cables for the buck   though
We have an excess of  PC's so  I'm  using a pair of  Marigo Audio Ultra 5's   for my subs. I  do run all my cables through the   Pi  MiniBuss

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jan 2018, 05:01 pm »
Mine are coming from the PI BlunderBUSS to the HX800's.   Got lots of Dave's BUSS products for AC power.

Captainhemo

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jan 2018, 06:20 pm »
Mine are coming from the PI BlunderBUSS to the HX800's.   Got lots of Dave's BUSS products for AC power.

Is that  the monster you had custom  built  by Dave ?   
I'm  going to eventually have him build me a  hard wired in and out  Uber to feed  the  mini.  I've run Don's  Uber  in front of the  mini in the past  and  like the results :)

Sorry for the  hijack jimbones but  it's   related, Dave's Busses are great  products IMHO

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jan 2018, 06:36 pm »
Jay,
Yes, it is the 24 outlet UberBUSS version.  Dave calls it the BlunderBUSS!  :thumb:

jimbones

« Reply #11 on: 11 Jan 2018, 01:40 am »
Is that  the monster you had custom  built  by Dave ?   
I'm  going to eventually have him build me a  hard wired in and out  Uber to feed  the  mini.  I've run Don's  Uber  in front of the  mini in the past  and  like the results :)

Sorry for the  hijack jimbones but  it's   related, Dave's Busses are great  products IMHO

jay

Its all good Jay!! Im here to learn and this all great information. Thank YOU guys for your replies!!!  :thumb:

Early B.

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jan 2018, 02:14 am »
Me, too. My A370's are hooked up to a non-outlet UberBuss connected to a MiniBuss. So guess I have a "DoubleBuss."

Captainhemo

« Reply #13 on: 11 Jan 2018, 04:55 am »
Jay,
Yes, it is the 24 outlet UberBUSS version.  Dave calls it the BlunderBUSS!  :thumb:

Leave it to Dave,  I like the name    :thumb:

Me, too. My A370's are hooked up to a non-outlet UberBuss connected to a MiniBuss. So guess I have a "DoubleBuss."

From what  I heard when mine was configed like this, it's all good  Early  !!

jay

Early B.

« Reply #14 on: 11 Jan 2018, 05:13 am »
From what  I heard when mine was configed like this, it's all good  Early  !!

Yep. The non-outlet Uber is tethered on both ends, so fewer power cords needed. I have one of Dave's (the other Dave) custom SurgeX's in front of them. I learned that stacking power conditioning makes a good thing even better.   

danvprod

« Reply #15 on: 12 Jan 2018, 12:26 am »
I use a pair of Triode Wire labs "American 8s" that I picked up used in the trading post here. I like the ease of running the TWL wire and I do think that they help the bass response (I get the impression of an additional "tightness" and slightly more extension) vs. the stock PCs. I've seen some good deals on TWL cables on AC. Worth looking out for. I also run Dave's PC to a MiniBuss and a 8+ to my tube amp. I'm slowly upgrading all my PCs to TWLs.