Pete and Dave power conditioner

xsb7244

Pete and Dave power conditioner
« on: 29 Oct 2013, 06:32 pm »
As stated a joint effort with Pete.  A bleeding edge power conditioner with TWL wire, SOTA receptacles, and some other goodies.  Status?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: Pete and Dave power conditioner
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2013, 10:41 pm »
As stated a joint effort with Pete.  A bleeding edge power conditioner with TWL wire, SOTA receptacles, and some other goodies.  Status?
Mostly it has been on hiatus due to my father-in-law's health.  Art Passed away last week and things are beginning to get back to "normal", but without a great man. 

Over the next couple of months it is intention to get two new products out.  One will be a DC blocker (somebody already named it for me: the BUSS-Station).

The other product will be the joint effort between Pete and I.  It will incorporate surge protection, DC blocking and Power Factor Correction.  It will have a magnetic circuit breaker - not as an On/Off switch, but as added protection.  BUSSes should always be powered up.  That keeps the PFC network happy.   A dedicated TWL power cable with a Neutrik 32A/250VAC connector will be standard equipment.  It will be in a non-metallic radiation hardened statement case.  Receptacles will be the owners choice from the Furutech or Wattgate lineup. 

The product is called THE AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE.  It will also be expensive.  There is no way to produce a product like this in limited quantities with the capabilities that it will have without having to pay the price.  I have never skimped on the components that go into BUSSes.  They may look crude, but I spent the money on the inside to give as much performance as possible.  This is going to be a thing of beauty and with the best performance that I can cram into it without doing harm to the music.  That is the hard part.

Pete brings alot to the table in this product.  There will be several different RFI/EMI mitigating stages.  We are mixing our technologies and material to give the best possible product available.

Dave

StereoNut

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2013, 11:11 pm »
...The other product will be the joint effort between Pete and I.  It will incorporate surge protection, DC blocking and Power Factor Correction.  It will have a magnetic circuit breaker - not as an On/Off switch, but as added protection....The product is called THE AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE....

Dave

Oh sure, now you tell me!    Wink2

SN

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2013, 12:09 am »
It will also be expensive. 
Can you be a little more specific?

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2013, 02:41 am »
Condolences to you and Gayle, Dave.

Best thoughts,

Jerry

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2013, 02:49 am »
Can you be a little more specific?
I'm waiting to get some of the quotes back.  So far it looks like entry level will be ~ $5K.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2013, 03:18 am »
Condolences to you and Gayle, Dave.

Best thoughts,

Jerry
Thanks, Jerry.  It was 20 months of pain for him and heartache for us.  The man had an amazing motor that just would not quit.

Dave & Gayle

ufokillerz

« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2013, 05:10 am »
THE AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE makes the uberbuss somehow sound..... less uber

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2013, 05:54 am »
I'd say you guys have a challenge on your hands... If you can offer up all those features in a conditioner that improves on the performance of the Uber Buss alone, you have really done something. Why am I doubting you? Because the Uber is about the best engineered product I have in my system. It never fails to do its job, and that says allot.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2013, 04:11 pm »
THE AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE makes the uberbuss somehow sound..... less uber
Ray, time marches on.

We are incorporating all of the best ideas that we can to build a bleeding edge product with all of the goodies inside that I have been working on over the last few years.  It will also be modular so that updates can be incorporated to it as time goes on.  We want it to be the last conditioner that the customer could ever want... or need!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2013, 04:20 pm »
I'd say you guys have a challenge on your hands... If you can offer up all those features in a conditioner that improves on the performance of the Uber Buss alone, you have really done something. Why am I doubting you? Because the Uber is about the best engineered product I have in my system. It never fails to do its job, and that says allot.
Thanks, Paul.  It is statements like yours that make me happy that I do what I do.

In the context of noise reduction it will be very hard to beat the Uber.  Lots of time and effort went into making it what it is today. There will be elements to provide for a bit more receptacle to receptacle isolation.  That, in addition to the other features.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2013, 04:35 pm »
Dave, condolences on Art's passing.  You dedicated alot of your time to his needs.

One request on the new unit, can it have the input and output on the backside together please.  The front input is sort of a pain.  This presents challenges in isolation inside the unit I am sure, but having cables come out the front of the rack...  I'd even settle for a side entry if that's the next best thing.

Pete

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2013, 04:43 pm »
Dave, condolences on Art's passing.  You dedicated alot of your time to his needs.

One request on the new unit, can it have the input and output on the backside together please.  The front input is sort of a pain.  This presents challenges in isolation inside the unit I am sure, but having cables come out the front of the rack...  I'd even settle for a side entry if that's the next best thing.

Pete
Thank you, Pete.  It a priviledge to be there for him.

On the I/O thing - Done.  This will be a fairly large piece and be purdy, too.  It deserves a showing.  The original Majik and Uber were designed to lay along the wall behind a rack and be unobtrusive.

BobM

« Reply #13 on: 30 Oct 2013, 06:59 pm »
Congratulations guys. I'm sure it will be a quality product. I've heard the difference Pete's cords make on the Uberbuss, so it will be great to see what a "no holes barred" integrated product will do.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #14 on: 9 Nov 2013, 02:02 pm »
   As Dave's NY area rep we are excited about the Pete and Dave power conditioner. The Uber Buss and TWL power cords offer in our opinion a very affective power feed system. A game changer actually.
   For the Capitol audiofest again we used Ubers and TWL cords and received many outstanding reviews. Different components and speakers in two shows now four including the GR room at Rocky mountain. The only consistent part was the Uber and TWL combo. It was that combo that gave us ultra clean power and great sound.
   Still offering in home demo of the "system" or individual pieces [ Uber & TWL] in the NY Tri-state area. Give it a try you will be glad you did. Every home demo to date has produced a sale. They just sell themselves.

charles

RPM123

« Reply #15 on: 9 Nov 2013, 03:40 pm »
Mostly it has been on hiatus due to my father-in-law's health.  Art Passed away last week and things are beginning to get back to "normal", but without a great man. 

Over the next couple of months it is intention to get two new products out.  One will be a DC blocker (somebody already named it for me: the BUSS-Station).

The other product will be the joint effort between Pete and I.  It will incorporate surge protection, DC blocking and Power Factor Correction.  It will have a magnetic circuit breaker - not as an On/Off switch, but as added protection.  BUSSes should always be powered up.  That keeps the PFC network happy.   A dedicated TWL power cable with a Neutrik 32A/250VAC connector will be standard equipment.  It will be in a non-metallic radiation hardened statement case.  Receptacles will be the owners choice from the Furutech or Wattgate lineup. 

The product is called THE AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE.  It will also be expensive.  There is no way to produce a product like this in limited quantities with the capabilities that it will have without having to pay the price.  I have never skimped on the components that go into BUSSes.  They may look crude, but I spent the money on the inside to give as much performance as possible.  This is going to be a thing of beauty and with the best performance that I can cram into it without doing harm to the music.  That is the hard part.

Pete brings alot to the table in this product.  There will be several different RFI/EMI mitigating stages.  We are mixing our technologies and material to give the best possible product available.

Dave

I hope it's a big succcess Dave! And BTW - PM sent.

Glenn