Von Schweikert Audio VR-5 Anniversary MK II Speakers Are In The House

Audiophile

All,

I just set up my brand new pair of VSA VR-5 Anniversary MK II speakers purchased directly from VSA. First impressions are very dynamic and detailed. Sustain on guitar and piano notes seem to go on forever, also no subwoofer needed for these babies! Still experimenting with placement. More to come!!

htradtk

Huge congrats! They are gorgeous! They look almost like mine but I have the African Ebony finish. You are right, no sub needed for these babies! Nice tight bass indeed! Looking at you pics, I would try moving them out a bit, they need to breathe, enjoy! Keep us updated!

Henry

SundayNiagara

Pearson's rule of thirds. 1/3 out into the room, away from the equipment and the video has to go. You'll get a cavernous, floor to ceiling, beyond the walls soundstage.

Audiophile

Huge congrats! They are gorgeous! They look almost like mine but I have the African Ebony finish. You are right, no sub needed for these babies! Nice tight bass indeed! Looking at you pics, I would try moving them out a bit, they need to breathe, enjoy! Keep us updated!

Henry

Thanks Henry!

Agreed, Right now I have them 6 inches further out than the pic. Still experimenting.

Audiophile

Pearson's rule of thirds. 1/3 out into the room, away from the equipment and the video has to go. You'll get a cavernous, floor to ceiling, beyond the walls soundstage.

That would be ideal. Trying to work out some WAF with the Miss's.

htradtk

Nice! Mine are about 2 feet from the rear wall. My room is 20 feet deep, 12 wide, I still have an amazing soundstage! Keep experimenting!

Henry

SundayNiagara

Nice! Mine are about 2 feet from the rear wall. My room is 20 feet deep, 12 wide, I still have an amazing soundstage! Keep experimenting!

Henry

You haven't heard them yet. Bring them out about 6' 8" and get rid of the video.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?

..same here with MAC amplification  :thumb:  You may want to consider good isolation feet.  I've found they make a dramatic difference.  Also I found replacing the VSA furnished conical rubber feet between the cabinets with 1/2" sorbothane to be quite an improvement.  Best of luck!

Audiophile

..same here with MAC amplification  :thumb:  You may want to consider good isolation feet.  I've found they make a dramatic difference.  Also I found replacing the VSA furnished conical rubber feet between the cabinets with 1/2" sorbothane to be quite an improvement.  Best of luck!

Thanks es347!

Sweet setup. I see you like your Steely Dan.  :thumb: I do as well. Right now I have Herbie's gliders underneath the VSA supplied spikes and for module decoupling I have Herbie's Big Fat Dots. What isolation feet do you have and what's on top of the MK II's?

Are those MC601 amps I see?  :drool: I have the MC452 stereo amp. Can't make out your preamp but I have the c2500.

Thanks again!!

es347

• Facilitator
Rega P3-24/Custom Plinth/Audiomods Classic arm/Clearaudio Maestro Ebony MM... Lumin S1 music server/DAC... McIntosh C500P Controller/Preamp... McIntosh MC601 monoblocks... Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversaries with Critical Mass System Rize footers... Velodyne Optimum 12 Subwoofers (2)... VSA MB/Cerious Graphene Extreme XLRs... Verbatim biwires... Lessloss PCs... Nordost QB8/QX4... Acousticmac Corner Bass Traps...

..atop each M/T cabinet is about 30 lbs consisting of a diving brick in custom leather cover and two 3cm granite slabs...all in an effort to further deaden the cabinets.

Audiophile

Rega P3-24/Custom Plinth/Audiomods Classic arm/Clearaudio Maestro Ebony MM... Lumin S1 music server/DAC... McIntosh C500P Controller/Preamp... McIntosh MC601 monoblocks... Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversaries with Critical Mass System Rize footers... Velodyne Optimum 12 Subwoofers (2)... VSA MB/Cerious Graphene Extreme XLRs... Verbatim biwires... Lessloss PCs... Nordost QB8/QX4... Acousticmac Corner Bass Traps...

..atop each M/T cabinet is about 30 lbs consisting of a diving brick in custom leather cover and two 3cm granite slabs...all in an effort to further deaden the cabinets.

Very nice set-up!  :thumb:

walterslw

Congrats!  Nice set up!   I love my VR5 Anni MK II.      I bi-amp mine with Sonic Frontiers Power 2 SE (platinum mods w KT150s) on top and Bryston 7B SST2 monos on the bottom.  I had Parts Connexion match the input sensitivity and gain of the Power 2 to that of the Bryston amps - this is an AMAZING combo with the VR5s!

Here is to many years of great music in your home!

GCecchetto

Very nice! Has anyone tried audio points between the cabinets? I was blown away at how much improvement they made between my Fremonts and their stands.

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
The VR-5 Anni's can sound absolutely fantastic 2 to 3 feet off the front wall to the back of the speaker.  It really just depends how your room handles bass pressure.  Congrats on the new speakers.  I think I have 2 pair left.

Leif

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio

es347

• Facilitator
..there must be something special re speakers that bear the number 5 in their names  :thumb: