Phono 1 feedback

jupiterboy

Re: Phono 1 feedback
« Reply #40 on: 15 Jun 2016, 07:44 pm »
Looks like lots of loading options. Any consideration of a mono switch?

Audiovista

« Reply #41 on: 15 Jun 2016, 08:19 pm »
Looks like lots of loading options. Any consideration of a mono switch?

Yes, many loading, gain and filtering options... plus unlimited flexibility of Phono-1.

Mono switch... hmmm... let me think if that can be done without major compromises...

jupiterboy

« Reply #42 on: 16 Jun 2016, 02:16 pm »
If not, I have a switch that follows the phono preamp, but that's an extra set of ICs and the mess.

Filters? As in subsonic? Nice!

sabocat

« Reply #43 on: 1 Jan 2017, 11:25 am »
I'm running my newly acquired  LOMC Vista phono-1 mkII directly into a JWN 6V6 amplifier. Jim put a volume knob and a headphone jack on it. I'm running it at about 8:30 on the volume knob, pushing AKG K7XX headphones with ease. I have to say it sounds superb. The turntable is a thorens TD-125mkII with a denon 301mkII cart.

bacobits1

« Reply #44 on: 1 Jan 2017, 03:02 pm »
It is very good.

The NEW "Vista 2"  shipping this month. I have had this one here for a month in November as a Pre Production but did not compare it to the ACLE Vista 1.

http://www.vista-audio.com/products/phono-2/index.htm

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #45 on: 10 Jan 2017, 04:14 am »
Lookout, coming to you.  The Vista 1 is silly good and not just for the money.   Never found a preamp I really liked and Vista 2 should have the power supply to easily drive a passive and long cables 25 - 30'. 

Hey Baco, I'm a little busy right now, but maybe you could try my custom Vista 1 mk2 and compare?   PM sent.

neo

bacobits1

« Reply #46 on: 10 Jan 2017, 04:27 pm »
Neo, PM sent.
I originally had the Vista1 MKII ACLE it was indeed very good.
I will be waiting on Boris to ship me a new Vista 2.
More to come................

sabocat

« Reply #47 on: 14 Jan 2017, 11:46 pm »
Quick update. Received yesterday my new Microzotl2 preamp/headphone amp. Running the vista into the microzotl and into my big JWN amplifier, pushing 8 KT-77 output tubes. My system has never sounded better. The Vista pairs well with the microzotl.

Audiovista

« Reply #48 on: 15 Jan 2017, 05:51 pm »
Neo, PM sent.
I originally had the Vista1 MKII ACLE it was indeed very good.
I will be waiting on Boris to ship me a new Vista 2.
More to come................

Finalizing packaging... then the first production unit is slated to go your way :)

Audiovista

« Reply #49 on: 15 Jan 2017, 05:55 pm »
Quick update. Received yesterday my new Microzotl2 preamp/headphone amp. Running the vista into the microzotl and into my big JWN amplifier, pushing 8 KT-77 output tubes. My system has never sounded better. The Vista pairs well with the microzotl.

Thanks for the feedback, Greg, happy to hear everything is working out! Looking forward to hearing more once you put few hundred hours on your two new preamps  :thumb:

Boris

bacobits1

« Reply #50 on: 15 Jan 2017, 05:58 pm »
 :thumb:
May I have it Signed?
 8)

Audiovista

« Reply #51 on: 15 Jan 2017, 06:12 pm »
:thumb:
May I have it Signed?
 8)

Awww... I feel flattered  :notworthy:

Not sure that it adds any value, but I'll be happy to sign it for you Den.  :D

bacobits1

« Reply #52 on: 15 Jan 2017, 06:15 pm »
Wait a minute. I didn't say by who?

Trump?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Audiovista

« Reply #53 on: 15 Jan 2017, 09:06 pm »
Wait a minute. I didn't say by who?

Trump?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Good one!

sabocat

« Reply #54 on: 16 Jan 2017, 11:49 am »
Quick question for Boris. I notice there is no grounding option for the vista, and my microzotl also lacks a ground post. How would I ground my VPI turntable so I can try it with the Vista? The thorens sounds great with the vista so far, and it is internally grounded so that is not an issue.

bacobits1

« Reply #55 on: 16 Jan 2017, 11:59 am »
The Vista 2 has a ground lug. I did ask the same question on the Vista 1 MKII. I'll let Boris answer (BTW which was funny). Easy enough to put one in. Just drill a hole and attach to case in a proper area away from board etc. no wiring.  The case is what is the ground in this instance.
You may or may not get any hum without a ground. 

sabocat

« Reply #56 on: 16 Jan 2017, 12:20 pm »
Not so sure i want to be drilling holes in that little thing, but yeah that would work. In the short term could I just tape the ground to the case?

bacobits1

« Reply #57 on: 16 Jan 2017, 01:01 pm »
Probably use one of the side screws as long as there is no paint insulating it, but the screw goes through the case anyway contacting direct metal. You may not need a ground.

sabocat

« Reply #58 on: 16 Jan 2017, 01:19 pm »
I just hooked up the Vista to the aux input on the CJ preamp, which also has a ground post. Listening to Wes Montgomery on the VPI with my headphones. Everything sounds very good. The denon cart will be needing some break-in time as well, but so far so good!

bacobits1

« Reply #59 on: 16 Jan 2017, 04:12 pm »
There ya go..... great!
Sometimes hooking a ground in can create a ground loop problem.

I will mention what Boris said. He eliminated the ground because many people were hooking in everything but the house ground to it.  :scratch: :lol: