SOLD: AR-XA modded audiophile turntable Cryo Jelco SA-250 tonearm

danvprod

SOLD ELSEWHERE
$750 $600 + PP and Actual Shipping Fees. Solid 7/10 due to age.

Classic turntable that has been modded and completely upgraded. This started with an original AR-XA turntable. It has been completely restored and modded for the best sound from Dave at Cryo-Parts. New Hurst motor and belt. The platter has been cryo-treated and variable damping added.

Accutrack arc protector specially designed for this tonearm turntable configuration is also include.

The plinth has been wrapped in solid 3/8" walnut with a satin finish. Slate damping has been added to the inside of the plinth and new arm board made for the Jelco SA-250 tonearm. The platter has been polished and the top has been refinished in a hammered paint. A new bottom cover is installed with vibration isolation feet.

The Jelco SA-250 tonearm comes with two weights (both the standard, and heavy counterweight, normally a $95 extra). The Jelco tonearm has a new DIN to RCA cable from Pro-ject.

Note: Gem Dandy dust cover, TT mat and cartridge are not included.

There are some marks on the turntable's plinth and some marks on the Jelco arm height adjustment tube from using different cartridges and adjusting the VTA. The way the Jelco works is that you adjust the tube up and down and then tighten a bolt, which clamps the tube. I’ve run a couple of different cartridges on this table, which necessitated bring the arm tube up and down. As a result, there are some slight clamping marks on the tube, where the bolt clamps. It’s not visible, but it is something to note.

For shipping this will be carefully packed and will require setup when the new owner receives it. I will remove the tonearm and pack it in its shipping box. I will drain the oil and include a small vial of replacement oil. The suspension will need to be re-tuned for the new owner. Happy to answer any questions on this you might have.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2018, 12:51 am by danvprod »

danvprod

bump.

orthobiz

This looks like a great table and a great deal. Too bad I'm up to 8! I'd be all over this otherwise. GLWS.

Paul

mike_p

• You Never Blow Your Trip Forever
Really beautiful - GLWS!!

danvprod

Bump.

danvprod

Bump and big price drop.

danvprod

Bump.

danvprod

Bump. Also including the Gem Dandy turntable mat with the deal (still no dustcover or cartridge is included).