schematic of RM-1 crossover

revg1952

schematic of RM-1 crossover
« on: 12 Nov 2017, 12:39 am »
Hello
 A while ago I received a pair of RM-1 's. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the schematic for these.
These came with some Infinity drivers, not the MCM WCF woofers. Also they are wire in series;not parallel. My impedence meter rates them @6.3 ohms or so.
Any help would be most helpful.
Thanks
Gary/RevG1952

Evoke

• Industry Participant
    • EVOKE Planar Loudspeakers
Re: schematic of RM-1 crossover
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2017, 01:33 am »
Hello
 A while ago I received a pair of RM-1 's. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the schematic for these.
These came with some Infinity drivers, not the MCM WCF woofers. Also they are wire in series;not parallel. My impedence meter rates them @6.3 ohms or so.
Any help would be most helpful.
Thanks
Gary/RevG1952

John C may have access to one - not sure. But you can trace the circuits to figure it out. This picture is posted elsewhere on the Circle. The woofers are wired in a way to make for the best load to the amp. The Infinity drivers are unusual. Maybe John can shed more light on that.

M

PMAT

Re: schematic of RM-1 crossover
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2017, 05:40 am »
The Infinity drivers were low cost\ price point units of no real value. They were the weakest part of the speaker. The cabinet is solid (over 100 lbs) the tweeter and mid were very good. The passive was far too small to do its job Correctly. I had the bass modified and they are wonderful. When I had Brian fix my crossover I questioned him a lot about these. He said the bass drivers had a lot of distortion. Replacements were $16. You can pinch all the putty in the world and it wont make a lick of difference. A proper size passive would require cutting a large hole in the side. Porting it would require cutting a hole in front or back. A genius speaker builder recommended I seal the passive hole, run a calculated port tube straight up from the passive hole cover which would exit through the slotted port on the bottom. You have to calculate the slotted port in combo with the tube for the bass drivers you choose. I chose some awesome  Peerless woofers (not subs!)  I would be happy to give you the secret formula specs for outstanding bass from these cabinets. PM me if interested. They look stock but sound killer.