Decware Zkit1

roscoe65

Decware Zkit1
« on: 28 Jan 2017, 02:23 pm »
I have more projects in the queue than the time, energy and money to complete them.

Free to good home is a Decware ZKIT1 board.  This is a circuit board that will allow you to build your own ghetto fabulous version of the Decware SE84.  It is essentially the same circuit but uses iron of your own choosing, solid state rectification and a PCB rather than point-to-point wiring.  For extra white trash goodness you can mount it on a chunk of wood to give it a "Junior's First Science Fair Project" look.

Detailed information here http://www.decware.com/newsite/SE84CDIY.htm, including BOM, instructions, and schematics.

Steve recommends Edcor iron, which will run you about $120 for PT and two OT's.  Note that the link above gives you the PT but the OT link is broken.  This is the correct output iron http://www.edcorusa.com/gxse10-8k.  Note that you can choose your output impedance, bur I would follow Steve's lead and choose the 6 ohm option.  Alternatively you can get all fancy pants and use higher end iron if you have it or are looking to spend extra money (the James iron is a good value right now, as is the Hashimoto universal outputs).  Using the specified iron and good quality parts you should be able to knock this together for $200-300, depending on your capacitor choices.  This is a great first tube amp kit that will not sound entry level.

Pick a number between 0 and infinity.  Winner will be chosen at random in a week or so, but absolute DIY beginners and entry level Omega owners looking to scrounge their first SE amp may be given a slight preference.

R

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Decware Zkit1
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2017, 06:01 pm »

restrav

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2017, 06:25 pm »

srb

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2017, 06:50 pm »
17,543,265  ∞

WC

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2017, 07:57 pm »