Got a new toy, time to play!  :singing:

Wind Chaser

Re: Spark integrated amplifier
« Reply #21 on: 25 May 2016, 05:07 pm »
How are you liking it? Comparisons?

Audiovista

« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2016, 01:16 pm »
I like it so far. As for improvements over the original Dragonfly (which I also have), jury is still out. So far I only listened to it in the combination pictured above (and this is brand new Spark, not my usual well broken-in piece). My first impression was that it made compressed and poorly recorded music sound better.

Over the weekend, I'll move it around to different configurations, where I can compare it with the original unit. And spend more time with headphones, of course. Dragonfly seems to work well with Grado (not surprisingly, it beats iPhone's headphone output by a wide margin) and I am curious to hear how will it work with Sennheiser HD650.

Brianportugal

« Reply #23 on: 17 Sep 2016, 09:32 pm »
I'm using the spark with Omega 3xrs. And really enjoy the music. The sound I'd say is holographic , mid range is fantastic. Great little amp! Much more musical than many I have had in my system that were much more expensive. Need to bring it to my office and try it with my silver line minuet pluses .
Brian

bummrush

« Reply #24 on: 18 Sep 2016, 01:13 am »
I hooked up my Pioneers just to try again.But frankly found em unlistenable.Glad i only paid $40 for them

Wind Chaser

« Reply #25 on: 18 Sep 2016, 02:29 am »
I hooked up my Pioneers just to try again.But frankly found em unlistenable.Glad i only paid $40 for them

Were those the Andrew Jones BS 22 or whatever they were called?

Audiovista

« Reply #26 on: 19 Sep 2016, 12:39 am »
I'm using the spark with Omega 3xrs. And really enjoy the music. The sound I'd say is holographic , mid range is fantastic. Great little amp! Much more musical than many I have had in my system that were much more expensive. Need to bring it to my office and try it with my silver line minuet pluses .
Brian

Hey Brian,

Thank you for the feedback, and welcome to Vista-Audio circle  :thumb:

I also have to thank Louis for recommending Spark - it seems that it makes great synergy with just about every one of his great speakers.

Looking forward to hearing how Spark plays with your Silverlines!

Best,
Boris

slefty

« Reply #27 on: 21 Nov 2016, 11:27 pm »
Just curious, because I seem to have missed this info elsewhere, but what type of amp is this? Chip Amp? Tripath or LM1875? The size and power output would seem so.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #28 on: 22 Nov 2016, 12:49 am »
If I'm not mistaken, it class AB.

bummrush

« Reply #29 on: 22 Nov 2016, 03:18 pm »
Yep,first version of them.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #30 on: 22 Nov 2016, 03:32 pm »
Is there already second version?

Audiovista

« Reply #31 on: 27 Nov 2016, 12:45 am »
Is there already second version?

Sorry for being late... bit of traveling around...

Second version of Spark? No, it's still the same unit, the first and only version :)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #32 on: 5 Dec 2016, 08:52 pm »
 Boris you did it again $350 for an integrated designed by you. BRILLIANT ! Looks like the Andrew Jones stand mounts have a new friend. BTW for all you Vista Phono stage owners RUN don't walk to" iFi "and buy their wall wart [ check out iFi filters as well for USB ]. It is not your average wall wart. Makes the Vista silly good.  KABOOOOOM for the buck combo. Boris get one as well. Not a dealer, review forthcoming. This will make you very very happy.

charles

bacobits1

« Reply #33 on: 5 Dec 2016, 11:12 pm »
Confused.
The Vista Phono is 12 volt AC. That iFi can be ordered in various voltage DC.
How is that going to work? Um no unless I'm missing something? Just checked iFi site.
Got a link?
« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2016, 07:35 pm by bacobits1 »

Brianportugal

Re: Spark integrated amplifier for sale
« Reply #34 on: 6 Dec 2016, 02:59 am »
I have a Spark for sale less than 5 months old. It's driving omega 3xrs with fantastic results. I'm on an upgrade bug, but will probably regret selling. Box and all packing materials. $275. In perfect condition. Email me at brianvportugal@yahoo.com

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #35 on: 6 Dec 2016, 02:00 pm »
Boris you did it again $350 for an integrated designed by you. BRILLIANT ! Looks like the Andrew Jones stand mounts have a new friend.

charles

I'm wrong removed the quote. Sorry guys it is DC. what was I thinking.

charles :oops:

srb

« Reply #36 on: 6 Dec 2016, 03:34 pm »
I'm still a bit confused.

It is not your average wall wart. Makes the Vista silly good.  KABOOOOOM for the buck combo. Boris get one as well.

So if it was another manufacturer/model of external AC transformer (and not iFi) that you tried, what was it?

However, it's hard to imagine that a different AC transformer would make that much of a difference with the rectification and filtering portion of the power supply being internal to the Vista.  I think the main point of having the transformer external to a phono preamplifier is to remove magnetic fields from the vicinity of very low-level sensitive circuitry.

Steve

Wind Chaser

« Reply #37 on: 6 Dec 2016, 05:21 pm »
I'm pretty sure the Spark is AC in...

Audiovista

« Reply #38 on: 6 Dec 2016, 10:15 pm »
Looks like there was a mixup. Spark is mains powered (good picture by Wind chaser :)) and Phono-1 needs a 12V AC supply (transformer, and Srb correctly stated the advantages of having it outside of the chassis). Thanks guys for helping clarify!

bacobits1

« Reply #39 on: 6 Dec 2016, 10:54 pm »
Charles, your excused.
Go to your room!

He was commenting on the Vista phono.