New Products?

4Play

• You Get Busy Living or You Get Busy Dying
New Products?
« on: 19 Oct 2015, 08:34 pm »
I have not heard of Vista Audio until I joined this forum. All the reading thus far leads one to believe Vista Audio is a company to be reckon with. How has AV been able to fly under the radar? I just found out that AV used to sell amps, which leads me to my question.

Will Boris/AV be producing any new products in the near future? From what I have read, Boris had success with the amps, and you would think there would be more coming soon.

I am looking for a phono preamplifier and Vista's offering is on my list. For the price of admission, this little beauty seems to be hard to beat. That is especially nice considering I am running out of room on my Expedit. It would be almost difficult to go with anything bigger.

If anyone knows or has heard it from the man himself, please post and let us know. Hopefully, we will have more goodies to drool over soon.

Audiovista

Re: New Products?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2015, 06:47 pm »
Thank you for visiting Vista Audio circle and for the very kind words!

Vista has been slow with introduction of new products, but busy with custom stuff. We have made certain organizational changes (by bringing partners on board and founding Verty Audio) which gave me more time to make some very interesting experiments, and I have learned a lot in the process.  I am getting ready to introduce a new product and the goal is to remain true to the original mission - to make reliable, technically competent products, with high sound quality and reasonably priced. It will be a desktop (solid-state) integrated amplifier that is also very comfortable running large speakers, of course within it's power limits. It will be ready in about 4 weeks, and below is a snapshot taken during quick listening evaluations of the second batch of prototypes. It's a bad picture, but shows the amplifier's size relative to a standard CD player. After this amplifier, there will be another low powered tube amplifier (based on the successful i82: http://vistaaudio.com/products/i82/) and another one or two products still on the drawing board. I'm very excited with what's ahead!

Boris

jupiterboy

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2015, 06:10 pm »
Nice. I'll check back for more details.

WireNut

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2018, 03:12 pm »
Hi Boris,

Regarding electronic components in general, not necessarily Vista Audio, but any component new or vintage.

Burson Audio came out with a new discrete op-amp the “V6”.
I’ve never swapped out op-amps before but these look interesting.
They are a drop in replacement for many op-amps including NE5532 and some OPA op-amps but I’m not sure about the OPA2228P’s.

Since I’m upgrading parts in my vintage equipment I thought I’d pick your brain about them as an upgrade, if you don’t mind.

My Phono-2 has NE5532P, and OPA2228P’s.

Marchand Electronics has the V6’s listed as an upgrade in my XM-44 active crossover.
That’s how I found out about them.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on them.

Steve

Audiovista

« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2018, 04:37 pm »
Hey Steve,

Good question! I could not locate datasheet for V6. I checked V5 and it would not be a good replacement for OPA2228 in Phono-2 (due to specific circuit requirements). As for NE5532 - this op-amp is not in the signal-chain and replacing it would make no difference in sound quality.

Sincerely,
Boris

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2018, 07:21 pm »
  Boris how are you ? A phono with outboard power supply [ linear ] would b nice. An SET amp and preamp of course. Your ponostage is KA Boom for the buck, still amazes me.

charles

Audiovista

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2018, 06:34 pm »
Hey Charles,

Great feedback - thank you!! With regard to the next phono stage, I am thinking about power supply in a separate chassis, or split chassis, to make it more convenient than a wall wart supply. There will more than just a new power supply, some learning and experimenting is currently going on  :D

Happy to hear that you still enjoy Phono-1. I believe you have red Phono-1 (original, or Mk I).  :thumb:  I use the same one in one of my setups.

Thanks again,
Boris

NeilBlanchard

« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2021, 03:36 pm »
Greetings Boris,

My questions are in regard to the Spark; which I have not heard, but I am thinking about getting for myself, based on the rave reviews by Cheap Audio Man, Zero Fidelity, and The Audiophiliac, all on Youtube.

My questions are whether it is possible to have a pre-out for use with a subwoofer, or with a power amp for a biamped setup? If there could be a sub-out and stereo pre-outs? Obviously the back panel space could be cramped, I realize.

Also, would it be possible to have a Spark stereo power amp? And maybe a maybe a monoblock with 40w/ch? If the Spark itself had pre-outs, then a customer could buy the stereo power amp, or a pair of the monoblocks for a more powerful biamp setup.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #8 on: 7 May 2021, 07:09 pm »
Hey Charles,

Great feedback - thank you!! With regard to the next phono stage, I am thinking about power supply in a separate chassis, or split chassis, to make it more convenient than a wall wart supply. There will more than just a new power supply, some learning and experimenting is currently going on  :D

Happy to hear that you still enjoy Phono-1. I believe you have red Phono-1 (original, or Mk I).  :thumb:  I use the same one in one of my setups.

Thanks again,
Boris

Great idea Boris.

charles

bacobits1

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2024, 01:10 am »
Hey Boris hope all is well.
What is the cost of the new Phono2 mk2? I have an E mail in toy ou also.

Den

Audiovista

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2024, 01:07 pm »
Hey Den,

Thanks for chiming in! We decided to keep the price of the MkII version at the same level as the original Phono-2, $399.

http://vista-audio.com/products/phono-2mkII/

bacobits1

« Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2024, 03:24 pm »
Always more than reasonable. I'll place an order. My Phono 2 was loaned to a friend and I never got it back 2 years ago.

Den

JackD

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jan 2024, 09:15 pm »
Time to order mine too now that the new addition is finished.

jandrews

« Reply #13 on: 13 Jan 2024, 10:09 pm »
Nice congrats!
The new spark looks great too

Audiovista

« Reply #14 on: 14 Jan 2024, 01:50 pm »
Thank you, THANK YOU!

I love how the Spark MkIII came out, and there is more to come shortly… we’re firing on all cylinders  :D

Audiovista

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jan 2024, 02:16 pm »
Time to order mine too now that the new addition is finished.

:notworthy:

Thank you Jack!

Looking forward to the photos of the new addition.

bacobits1

« Reply #16 on: 26 Jan 2024, 07:12 pm »
From Serbia with love................landed.
More comments tomorrow when my Shelter 501MKIII arrives.

bacobits1

« Reply #17 on: 27 Jan 2024, 12:27 am »
Oh I got personally Mugged too.

(Not Muted stupid spell checker)
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2024, 01:41 pm by bacobits1 »

Audiovista

« Reply #18 on: 27 Jan 2024, 01:25 pm »
Oh I got personally muted too.

:scratch:

jandrews

« Reply #19 on: 2 Feb 2024, 04:37 pm »
Looking forward to seeing what else will be released by Vista in the coming months.
Another amp has been alluded to.
Is there any info you can share with us? or is there a place you intend to announce the new offerings?
thanks
JS