Poll

Yes you would be interested in forming a "group" in the Puget Sound Area!

Yes, interested...
2 (50%)
No, already too much going on in life
0 (0%)
Maybe...let's see who else is interested
2 (50%)
Don't know...
0 (0%)
Convince me!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: 24 Oct 2015, 05:33 pm

Western Washington State (Seattle / Eastside Area) Group Interest???

Sonny

Hi there,

I am moving back to the PNW, in January 2015 and would like to see if there are interests in forming a group in Western Washington (Puget Sound) group.  Don't know if there are existing groups, etc...but well...Who's interested in starting something?

Tuan

Sonny

Wow, aren't there more audio"philes" in Western Washington? :scratch:

rajacat

• Washington State
I guess I'm the only other "pile" here :scratch:. Probably the only one on the Olympic Peninsula.

Sonny

I guess I'm the only other "pile" here :scratch:. Probably the only one on the Olympic Peninsula.

Yes, I love the Olympic Peninsula, it's been awhile since I was last at the Hurricane Ridge...Love that drive...

Tuan

Tubeburner

I am interested. There are many in the Puget Sound area. Finding time will be the key.

Sonny

I am interested. There are many in the Puget Sound area. Finding time will be the key.

agreed, time is always the "obstacle".

Tubeburner

Well worth it, so let's talk about this when you get moved and settled. :)

Sonny

Well worth it, so let's talk about this when you get moved and settled. :)

Good plan!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Just in case you don't find enough interested 'philes' in your area, there are a few of us crazies in Oregon who aren't put off by a 4 hour drive. Of course, timing is important.

Currently, I'm not in OR; I'm on the other side of the Pacific pond till March. You're welcome to fly over to Taiwan for a little GTG.  :thumb:

Michael

Sonny

Just in case you don't find enough interested 'philes' in your area, there are a few of us crazies in Oregon who aren't put off by a 4 hour drive. Of course, timing is important.

Currently, I'm not in OR; I'm on the other side of the Pacific pond till March. You're welcome to fly over to Taiwan for a little GTG.  :thumb:

Michael

Michael,

Well, that's fine with me...I used to live in P-Town and have friends there.  I am assuming you are near there and I would open to coming down as well!

Cheers and enjoy Taiwan.

Tuan

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless

I'm a little surprised as well Tuan. Though I'm more an enthusiast than 'phile' I'd be interested. I know there are a handful of folks here (at AC) in the area. I'd guess depending on scheduling Laura might be willing to make the occasional run over the mountains as well. Keep us posted on things, I know I for one would love to see that beautiful work of mechanical art you built in person.  :thumb:

JD

Folsom

I'm now on the other side of Washington, was in Montana.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Tuan,

Hi! When I'm not 'phooling' around in Taiwan, I can usually be found in Corvallis. 2016 will be a bit special in that I'll be traveling across the southwest (Texas, N.M., Colorado, Montana, British Columbia, WA, OR) from April till September or October. Then (if all goes according to very loose plans), my wife and I will return to Taiwan for another 6 month stint. [We're struggling to decide just where it is we want to spend all our time - PNW, Taiwan, P-Town, elsewhere??]

Aldcol is just south of my location, and there are a few 'philes' hiding out in Portland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ArthurDent,

What? You're 'JD' and not 'AD'?!? I'm shocked and confused. My whole world order has been turned upside down. It'll take me months to re-organize my mind. Perhaps I'll feel better after a round of new music.  :banana piano:

Regards,

Mr. Esseguie  :lol:

L1C4

• NOTORiOUS!
I think there are at least 3 head-fi groups in the Seattle area - Pacific NW Audio Society, Head-Fi, and I think one other.

This is a pretty active community.

frankliu

I am a beginner and I am from Bellingham.

Frank

bulmaroh

• Life is good...
Hey. The posts on the topic seem to be old, but I'm hoping the 'philes' are still active.
I'd be interested in creating or participating in a group.

jbl

I would be interested.  I live in Federal Way.

JBL

Sonny

Well, anyone willing to host something?

I am in Gig Harbor.

jbl

I would be willing to host (around 10 people) or go to a meetup within a 90min drive.

Sonny

I would be willing to host (around 10 people) or go to a meetup within a 90min drive.

You're it!

You can host the inaugural meeting, 4 years 6 years in the making!  :)

T