big brother for Rava?

dayneger

big brother for Rava?
« on: 19 Feb 2003, 05:35 pm »
Hi Dan,

Any chance you'll be offering a sealed sub similar to the Rava but based on the Tempest?

I'm particularly interested in a lower F3, not necessarily SPL's, where the Rava's already sufficient.  How much lower would the new sub drop, allowing for a slightly larger cabinet if needed?

Also, are maple and cherry possible/future substitutions for the oak veneer?

Thanks and take care!

:-) Dayne

KevinW

Yes... there's something in the works
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2003, 06:44 pm »
Dan mentioned a new product coming out soon in the $700 range, that will have MUCH more output than the Rava.  It will be sealed.  I am a dealer for Adire, but I don't have any more details on the sub at this point, as Dan just announced it yesterday.  Will let you know when I do!!

Here's Dan "official" announcement...  
http://forums.acoustic-visions.com/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=71&s=5cb095e005bb9bf9fd1b613895173df9

If the speculations are correct, and this is a sealed 12" driver with XBL... wow!!  I am already salivating, as that is going to be one powerful and musical subwoofer.  XBL is fantastic technology... more linear than any other sub drivers out there, with more output.

stevewhittle

custom options
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2003, 08:47 pm »
E mail if you are interested in a custom that is dialed in to meet your specific requirements.  Enclosure shape, materials and finish are the only variables in cost and delivery time.

stevewhittle@attbi.com

Cheers,

SDW

dayneger

big brother for Rava?
« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2003, 04:40 pm »
Tha

I took the liberty of copying Dan's latest post from the acoustic visions site here:

"Nice guess! But it's really the long-awaited Tempest based Rava. Use a Tempest, a 22" cube enclosure (looks just like a Rava, just 4" wider, 4" deeper, and 4" taller), and a 300W class D amplifier. And it really kicks down low..."

Sounds really interesting!  About what will the F3 be?

What are the pros and cons of using a 12" XBL2 driver?  Could you stick this into the Rava housing?