Phono-1 MkII - AudioCircle Limited Edition

Audiovista

Phono-1 MkII - AudioCircle Limited Edition
« on: 23 Feb 2013, 04:56 pm »
Phono-1 preamplifier has gone through some changes and now exists as MkII version.

http://vista-audio.com/products/phono-1mkII/index.htm

Phono-1 AudioCircle Limited Edition version (ACLE) is now replaced by Phono-1 MkII ACLE.

MkII is the former Phono-1+  (http://vista-audio.com/products/phono/) with the following improvements:

- user adjustable load and gain settings, by use of low noise metal film resistors http://vista-audio.com/products/phono-1mkII/settings.htm
- improved internal power supply
- active offset cancellation circuit can be used to also act as a subsonic filter (set by default to 4Hz, but can be adjusted up to 16Hz) - no additional components in the sound path
- ACLE comes with the Vishay ultra low noise resistors for gain and load optimization
- ACLE will come initially optimized for customer's cartridge, and the customer can change it at any time by substituting load and gain resistors (full set of resistors comes with each preamp).
- virtually unlimited possibilities for optimization make the MkII version excellent choice for all MC cartridges (HOMC and LOMC).

- Price remains unchanged: $299
- 10% of the sales ($30 per unit) will go directly to support AudioCircle
- Free shipping worldwide (see the power supply note below)

MORE DETAILS ON THIS OFFER:

- This offer has been discussed and graciously approved by JohnR.

- Prepaid orders will be logged as received, and serial number assigned (you can pick an unassigned s/n should you want). PayPal, check or MO are all accepted.

- ACLE preamplifiers will start shipping in September '09 on the first-order-first-ship basis. We'll try to speed up the process, but it may take us 8-10 weeks to build units and close all orders.

- Standard 2yr warranty and return policy applies, with exception of actual shipping costs and $30 donation to AudioCircle which are not refundable.

- Within the US/Canada, the preamplifier ships with it's own wall plug AC supply (wall-wart). Due to the various standards worldwide 230V version needs to be locally sourced. International orders will ship without the power supply. Buyer will need to provide local power supply capable of generating 12VAC, with minimum output current of 0.2Amp and standard 5.5/2.1mm coaxial connector. Free international shipping should offset the cost of the power supply.

Here are some acceptable power supplies:
http://uk.farnell.com/ideal-power/77de-06-12/adaptor-euro-12v-0-5a/dp/2112025
http://uk.farnell.com/ideal-power/77db-12-12m/adaptor-uk-12v-1a-multi-plg/dp/2112021
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/plug-in-power-supply/4006585/
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/external-power-supplies/0459843/
https://www.buerklin.com/default.asp?event=ShowArtikel(24K5495)&l=e&jump=ArtNr_24K5495

- All intellectual property, product rights and responsibilities are owned by ENG Vista, Inc., the company behind Vista-Audio brand.

- AudioCircle is indemnified of all liabilities and responsibilities in connection with this offer.

- Customer support, service and all technical queries will be addressed by ENG Vista, Inc. / Vista-Audio.

- Vista-Audio reserves the right to discontinue the offer and change number of available units at any time.

Thank you,
Boris

« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2013, 12:34 am by Audiovista »

WireNut

Re: Phono-1 MkII - AudioCircle Limited Edition
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2013, 05:35 pm »
Hi Boris,

How do I contact you to place my ACLE order?
After my order is placed approx how long will it be before it's shipped?
Should I send you my cartridge specs in a PDF?

Thanks,
Steve

sunnydaze

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2013, 06:04 pm »
Steve....

"how to buy"  directly from his website:

http://vista-audio.com/how_to_buy.htm

I'm sure a PM here will get it done too.

Boris is a great guy and has always been very responsive when I've dealt with him.  He'll take care of you.   :thumb:

Audiovista

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2013, 06:26 pm »
Hi Steve,

Thanks for reminding me that I did not post complete info... :duh:

And thanks to sunnydaze for linking the site.  :thumb:

Yes, you can send me a PM or email to audio@engineeringvista.com

Cartridge specs are very helpful, either link to the manufacturer's website, or PDF. At minimum I need to know output voltage and recommended loading. Knowing coil resistance also helps, as sometimes recommended loading is not the optimal one.

I do have a few preamps in stock. Can ship within 2-3 days.

Thanks again guys,
Boris

tomytoons

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2013, 01:46 am »
nt
« Last Edit: 3 Jul 2013, 02:17 pm by tomytoons »

Audiovista

« Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2013, 02:44 am »
Thank you Den!

I have started topic that will keep track of orders, serial numbers and contributions to AudioCircle

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=114482.0

I will also start a new topic with some thoughts on optimum settings for different cartridges. That will probably apply to all phono preamps that provide means for setting gain and loading.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2013, 02:56 am »
Thank you Den!

I have started topic that will keep track of orders, serial numbers and contributions to AudioCircle

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=114482.0

I will also start a new topic with some thoughts on optimum settings for different cartridges. That will probably apply to all phono preamps that provide means for setting gain and loading.
Man, please DO give us your thoughts on optimum cartridge settings.  I have a phono pre with switches for various settings and I doubt that I'm alone.  Thank you in advance.  Besides that . . what a superb deal!!  Big time.  Wow!

WireNut

« Reply #7 on: 26 Feb 2013, 03:15 am »
Hi Boris,

I just purchased a pre-owned Vista-1+ from a member here on AC and I'm enjoying it very much.
I can't adjust the gain and loading on the phono-1+ but it sounds good to me with my AT120E cart.
Great product.

Steve

JohnR

« Reply #8 on: 26 Feb 2013, 12:31 pm »
Pic:

:thumb:

richidoo

« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2013, 04:34 pm »
I still listen to my original ACLE Phono-1 everyday, it is very good.
I am interested in trying the new opamps. Will you offer an upgrade service for original Phono1 owners?
Maybe a DIY upgrade kit?
Thanks Boris

Audiovista

« Reply #10 on: 27 Feb 2013, 02:30 am »
Hi Boris,

I just purchased a pre-owned Vista-1+ from a member here on AC and I'm enjoying it very much.
I can't adjust the gain and loading on the phono-1+ but it sounds good to me with my AT120E cart.
Great product.

Steve

Thanks Steve, we'll add it to the list!

Audiovista

« Reply #11 on: 27 Feb 2013, 02:42 am »
I still listen to my original ACLE Phono-1 everyday, it is very good.
I am interested in trying the new opamps. Will you offer an upgrade service for original Phono1 owners?
Maybe a DIY upgrade kit?
Thanks Boris

Upgrade service is a very good idea. The PCBs are different. The original one will need to be replaced - that is fairly simple. But the op amps did not change. It is possible to install sockets that will make it easy to experiment with different op amps, although the selected ones are pretty hard to beat.

WireNut

« Reply #12 on: 27 Feb 2013, 03:19 am »
 Moving my question to your Preamp/Cartridge Optimization thread. Sorry  :duh:

SET Man

« Reply #13 on: 27 Feb 2013, 04:39 am »
Hey!

Boris, that is one of the most flexible phono pre I've seen, gain and loading adjustable wise. I don't know any other at this price that can do that. Very nice. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

WireNut

« Reply #14 on: 27 Feb 2013, 05:39 am »
Hey!  Boris, that is one of the most flexible phono pre I've seen, gain and loading adjustable wise. I don't know any other at this price that can do that. Very nice. :D
Take care,

Yeah, I hear ya. My feelings exactly. Should I move up to the MK2 from the ACLE002 phono-1 Pre?
I have a lot of experimenting with cartridge's (as a newbe) in the future and I have NO idea what I'll end up with in the long run, so being able to adjust gain and loading seems like a BIG PLUS to me.

Thanks Mike, I'm enjoying the original ACLE Vista pre.  :thumb: 

putz

« Reply #15 on: 27 Feb 2013, 05:41 am »
Upgrade service is a very good idea. The PCBs are different. The original one will need to be replaced - that is fairly simple. But the op amps did not change. It is possible to install sockets that will make it easy to experiment with different op amps, although the selected ones are pretty hard to beat.

+1 on the upgrade. How long to do? How much?

Would love to be able to use a better PS over the supplied wall wart, like the Pangea P-100

Love my Vista, Boris.

Audiovista

« Reply #16 on: 27 Feb 2013, 12:11 pm »
Hey!

Boris, that is one of the most flexible phono pre I've seen, gain and loading adjustable wise. I don't know any other at this price that can do that. Very nice. :D

Take care,

Hi Buddy, long time no see! The preamp is indeed flexible (there is about 400 resistor values between 10 ohm and 100 kohm that can be selected for gain and loading - not that I provide all of them  :lol:)

But the user needs to do some work - remove cover and insert the resistor - not difficult, but not as simple to turning a switch. On the positive side, not having switches and extra wiring is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. Good for sound and for wallet  :D

Audiovista

« Reply #17 on: 27 Feb 2013, 12:15 pm »
Yeah, I hear ya. My feelings exactly. Should I move up to the MK2 from the ACLE002 phono-1 Pre?
I have a lot of experimenting with cartridge's (as a newbe) in the future and I have NO idea what I'll end up with in the long run, so being able to adjust gain and loading seems like a BIG PLUS to me.

Thanks Mike, I'm enjoying the original ACLE Vista pre.  :thumb:

Steve, the preamp you have is good for your AT120. No need to do anything just yet.

Audiovista

« Reply #18 on: 27 Feb 2013, 12:27 pm »
+1 on the upgrade. How long to do? How much?

Would love to be able to use a better PS over the supplied wall wart, like the Pangea P-100

Love my Vista, Boris.

Thaks - love to hear that you love the preamp!

Most of the cost is on the PCB, which needs to be replaced. We are probably looking at $180.

As for the power supply - the wall wart is only a transformer that I wanted to put outside the box. The rest is inside. If Pangea can output 12VAC than it can be used directly. I will take a look at other options for p/s upgrade.

tomytoons

« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2013, 12:39 pm »
nt
« Last Edit: 3 Jul 2013, 02:18 pm by tomytoons »