What is Your Favorite Wiring

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
What is Your Favorite Wiring
« on: 22 Dec 2009, 04:33 pm »
HI,
Happy Christmas to all tube lovers.  What is your hard wiring preference to hook-up the 211 tube??
Maybe this two brands may be good??
NEOTECH 14 awg Red Solid-core UP-OCC COPPER Wire, Teflon jacket, US4,53 per foot
OR
MUNDORF Yellow Teflon (PTFE) Silver/Gold Hook-Up Wire 1.5mm/15.5 awg, US23,77 per foot
Do you have other choice??
Thanks for your sugestions,

Mike B.

Re: What is Your Favorite Wiring
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2009, 05:03 pm »
how much voltage will the wire see?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2009, 08:34 pm »
  What 211 Tube ? After voltage requirement is met with proper guage then its a matter of preference of Silver/Gold, Silver or good Ol copper. I have used the Neotech. Using GE 211s sounded great using TJ Meshplate 211s a bit soft. Using Silver reversed the outcome with the aforementioned tube choices. Hope this helps.

charles

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2009, 09:05 pm »
Thankyou for your reply.
The tube is the 211/CV620 Shuguang, the amp is or will be a SET Pararell(SEP) class A Triode, two 211 for around 40W, Bias is manual, heating is DC(I wish), maybe a toggle swith to UltraLinear.    Electrical mains feed is 220V (205/213V in real life)
Not sure how much Voltage this tube use to output 20W each, power supply in over 1K, I was think a Jolida JD3000A (that is UltraLinear) clone,
but I want Triode, class A, UltraLinear option is not fundamental.
Thanks, Gustavo

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2009, 09:36 pm »
  What 211 Tube ? After voltage requirement is met with proper guage then its a matter of preference of Silver/Gold, Silver or good Ol copper. I have used the Neotech. Using GE 211s sounded great using TJ Meshplate 211s a bit soft. Using Silver reversed the outcome with the aforementioned tube choices. Hope this helps.

charles
Thanks for this tips.   Looks no good choose the wiring before the project is done.
Gustavo

Mike B.

« Reply #5 on: 22 Dec 2009, 09:41 pm »
The reason I ask about voltage is because I think these big tubes (211 and 845) can have secondary voltages over 900 v. Look at the schematic for the power supply and note the output voltages.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2009, 09:50 pm »
The reason I ask about voltage is because I think these big tubes (211 and 845) can have secondary voltages over 900 v. Look at the schematic for the power supply and note the output voltages.
You are right.    I have no info about the 211 Shuguang,   But the expensive Kron 211 have this data below:
    KR 211 
 Low Frequency, high power, high gain, high voltage triode
 20-26 Watts of pure class-A power 
 Max Plate Voltage   1250 V 
 Max Plate Current   140 mA 
 Plate Dissipation   100 Watts 
 Va    650 V 
 Ia     90 mA 
 Vg    -15 V 
 Transconductance    4.0 mA/V 
 Amplification Factor   12 
 Filament Voltage    10 V (DC/AC) 
 Filament Current    1.0 A 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #7 on: 3 Jan 2010, 04:34 pm »
You will be looking at 900plus volts with the Chinese 211. That tube is a bright sounding shouty tube. Own several pairs but use NOS GE or RCA. Actually the neweshplate 211 from Grant audio is a killer. Somewhere between the GE and RCA sonically. Priced at $525 / pair. If you are going to use the Chinese tube then my recco would be the copper version of the wire. The silver will expose the tubes weakness IMO.
   If you need Chinese 211s PM me.

charles

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 3 Jan 2010, 06:53 pm »
You will be looking at 900plus volts with the Chinese 211. That tube is a bright sounding shouty tube. Own several pairs but use NOS GE or RCA. Actually the neweshplate 211 from Grant audio is a killer. Somewhere between the GE and RCA sonically. Priced at $525 / pair. If you are going to use the Chinese tube then my recco would be the copper version of the wire. The silver will expose the tubes weakness IMO.
   If you need Chinese 211s PM me.
charles
Many Thanks for your informations Rollo.
Gustavo