SOLD Electra Print 300B Custom A Unique SET Creation!

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
A custom build by Electra Print Audio. This is an amp based on the 300B output tube and capable of 8 WPC at .5% THD. Fabulous measurements for a SET amplifier. This is a proof of concept amp that uses solid state devices as the first gain stage, so there are no 9 pin mini or octal tubes at the beginning of the circuit. Also uses solid state rectification. Custom wound inter stage transformers make this possible, as well as using Electra Prints highest quality output transformers. The chassis for this amplifier is built from some kind of composite wood product,, and finished with a hammer tone paint. The concept behind this is that there is a single ground plane, and no interference from a metallic chassis. The layout and build is neat and tidy, Jack does excellent work.

The sound quality of this amplifier is excellent, perhaps the best SET amplifier I have ever owned. And the noise floor is extremely low. In a good system with properly sorted grounds I get zero background hum or hiss. It is dead quiet. Excellent midrange, sharp sound stage, good dynamic swing. It has all the strengths of a quality SET amplifier without the drawbacks of the design.

This amp was built for sound first and looks second. The appearance is 50's style at best and the finish has some wear. A person could give it a huge upgrade in appearance with hardwood panels, or a different spray finish. I buy my gear for sound and not looks. There is a flaw in the paint on the upper front edge, but its cosmetic in nature. The amp operates perfectly, no issues or significant dents or dings. It is just a plain Jane instead of a Kate Upton.

Production versions sold for $4000
This one $900 plus actual shipping costs.

 Reply to Ad
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2016, 01:00 am by Mister Pig »

Goosepond

• Virna!
Re: Electra Print 300B Custom A Unique SET Creation!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2016, 07:46 pm »
PM sent.

Gene