Speaker stands for 4jr's

Escott1377

Speaker stands for 4jr's
« on: 27 Aug 2016, 03:24 pm »
I am in the market for some isolation for my jr's.

My pair came back from VSA with a lacquer finish due to UPS damaging my shipment to CA.

I never attached the original base bc they do not match the black lacquer.

So, anyone have a rec on something say in the $200 - 300 range?

Delacroix

Re: Speaker stands for 4jr's
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2016, 03:43 pm »
Hi -- I use Soundocity anchors on my Anni 5s, see here: http://www.soundocity.com/products.html
The spikes from these sit on HAL footers and render the speaker slidable on my wooden floor. Mine fit over the speaker base but I am sure they would connect easily without the speaker baseplate.I like them enough that I have not really thought about changing this arrangement but am sure there's always something better (and more expensive) out there.

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2016, 08:44 pm »
Hi Eric,

I agree with Delacroix.  The outriggers are fantastic as I use them on the Endeavor E-3MkII.

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2016, 02:42 am »
Hi Leif

I recall the thread size for the spikes onto the Plinth is M8 but that the plinth onto the bass module screw size is smaller. Do you recall what size this is? It would be helpful to the OP if he goes the outrigger route.

Jack

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #4 on: 6 Sep 2016, 04:01 am »
Hi Leif

I recall the thread size for the spikes onto the Plinth is M8 but that the plinth onto the bass module screw size is smaller. Do you recall what size this is? It would be helpful to the OP if he goes the outrigger route.

Jack

That's a good question Jack.  I will post after I check.