Potential New York City PowerPlay auditions

jsalk

Potential New York City PowerPlay auditions
« on: 11 May 2016, 04:27 pm »
I was speaking to nycparamedic the other day on another matter. The topic of our PowerPlay Monitors came up and how they would be ideal speakers for individuals living in apartments in the city.  He suggested that perhaps we might consider shipping a pair to him and he would display them in his Darling Coffee Shop located at 4961 Broadway
New York, NY.  People could talk to Nick and arrange for a private, after-hours listening session or he would even be willing to host an event for area audiophiles.  He even suggested he could set up a session and have us Skype in to answer questions about the PowerPlay Monitors or any audio topic of interest.

If this would be of interest to anyone in the NYC area, let us know.  We'd be happy to do it.

- Jim

Charles Xavier

Re: Potential New York City PowerPlay auditions
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2016, 05:52 pm »
Didnt know he had a coffee shop. Think I will stop in for a cup. Lol

I would be interested

sfox7076

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2016, 06:39 pm »
Hat's up in Inwood for those of us in the city.

tvyankee

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2016, 12:17 am »
I'm in the hood. I would love to hear some salks.

Sounds like a nice way to enjoy a cup of joe.

Peace

nyc_paramedic

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2016, 02:11 am »
I had been tossing around the idea of a "darling coffee audiophile society" with a few of our baristas and customers, some who happen to work in recording and the musical arts, and had some positive feedback. And as Jim had said, we were chatting a bit about a few other items and the PowerPlay monitor came up in relation to being a great speaker for small city apartments.

darling coffee has hosted a few other events in the past that I thought were worthy even if they kept me late at the shop and didn't bring in a profit. This event will be closer to my heart and afford a bit of personal therapy. Our space is 24' wide by 65' deep; approximately 1500 square feet to let just about any speakers breathe. We've also got 2TB of music on my Linux server and, of course, guests are welcome to bring music on solid state media.

We're located at the northern tip of Manhattan at the last stop of the A train. We're also easily accessible from NJ via the George Washington Bridge; Interstate 87 for the Upstate folks; the FDR and Henry Hudson Parkway converges to Inwood for the downtown folks.

We hope to see you guys soon.

Nick

vtvu

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2016, 12:15 am »
Organize it and they will come.
I will be there.
Vinh Vu
Gingko Audio and Danacable

jsalk

« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2016, 04:02 pm »
We shipped PowerPlay Monitors to NYC.  They should be there shortly.

- Jim

nyc_paramedic

« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2016, 04:46 pm »
The PowerPlay monitors have arrived.

We set the date for Saturday Jun 18th at 8:15pm. Please RSVP so we can make proper accommodations.

Nick

sfox7076

« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2016, 07:26 pm »
I will be out of the country!