With a heavy heart I bare the news that we have lost an industry leader

brother love

I am so very sorry to hear this, especially since Gary's lot in life was so much brighter these past few months. With Danny & his wife getting Gary back on his feet, it looked like better things lay ahead.

I was privileged to own a Dodd tube buffer, & knew with Danny's help, even better products were in the pipeline. Then this ...

Rest in peace Gary. You fought the good fight and were blessed with some wonderful friends in your too short a life on this world.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Danny,
Thank you as well as your family for taking care of Gary during his time of need. You are true friend & great person.

Gary is not suffering any more and is in a better place. Our prayers go out to him and his extended family (which includes you).

Sincerest condolences,
Pete

THROWBACK

Dear Danny,
Audiophiles have indeed lost an industry leader; but, sadder than that, you have lost a dear friend. It is heartbreaking to read your past posts: the love; the hope; the terrible downs; the radiant ups. May Gary (and you) finally have peace.
Chuck

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
I received the news from Mark N. but did not what to post until you did Danny  :(  Glad to hear Gary went peacefully.  The upside is the music just got better in heaven.  RIP Gary, we have a new angel looking over us.

Chris Adams

Very sad to hear this news.  My condolences to his family and friends.  Danny, your friendship to him is truly a model for all.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Deepest sympathies to you, and Gary's family on your loss. 

Nick77

May Gods comfort abound, Danny you were a great friend, may God richly bless you for your generosity.

Gary is enjoying music on a whole another level today. :)

RJR

Shocking to say the least.  Thanks to Danny for keeping us informed about Gary over the years.  I was glad to meet him at RMAF several times and always enjoyed listening to his equipment.

I extend my deepest condolences to all the family and friends. Our God is a God of comfort.

Bob

crohrer9

Gary, you will be remembered in my home. My 120's are singing every day. Rest in peace.

LadyDog

So sorry to hear the news Danny.  As you mentioned, Gary will be missed.  Nice person, excellent designer, all around good guy.   Sounds like he went peacefully, so that is a blessing.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Will have the fire up his pre tonight in memory.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Rest in Peace, Gary.  To think that our conversation last Tuesday was the last... :cry:

He sounded fine except for some memory lapse.  He certainly was looking to get back on his feet when we talked...  :sad:

You have been a true friend, Danny.  You and Kristy made his last months so much better.   :notworthy:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
I'm sorry to hear that, my deepest sympathy goes out to his friends and family.

sortner

Thoughts and Prayers go out to Gary's family, may he rest in peace......Amazing how we are all connected just a little through this forum and have had the privilege to both enjoy Gary's genius as well as bare witness to Danny's incredible talents, kindness and inspiration of what a friend and fellow Human being should be...

Uncle Elvis

I did not know Gary or have the benefit of hearing any of his products. Nevertheless, I am saddened to hear of his passing. I have a pair of AV-1 speakers that I built about 7-8 yrs ago, but I've mostly lurked on the GR AC board enjoying the discussions and banter about building cool audio stuff.
The thing that compelled me to write today is that while I have always admired Danny's products, commitment to his customers, friends and the industry, his concern for Gary put into action wins the gold star. It's easy to talk about helping somebody, but for what ever reason actually doing it can be quite difficult. As I've lurked over the years I've observed compassion and unselfishness by Danny and many of the GR AC members and wanted to say thanks for being a great example of compassion in action.
Blessings to you as you work through this difficult time.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
I always enjoyed my conversations with Gary. And bought a lot of buffers, amps, etc, from him. He was always a gentleman and he was always very honest. Something you don't see much anymore in the audio industry. 

God bless you Danny,  and good luck.

V....

jriggy

Rest In Peace, Gary...

I purchased the PI Audio Group / Triode Wire Labs Special UberBUSS, to benefit Gary. Thank you so much for your generosity guys.
It seems like a couple years ago at this point, so we know it indeed did help Gary through a hard time...
Dave of PI made a faceplate for it that is reminiscent to and a homage to the woodwork that Gary did for his own woodwork on his gear... Ill think of him every time I look at it.

Jason

GT Audio Works

Danny,
I am so sorry to hear this news.
You were there when he needed you most.
This is the most important thing one can do for another.
My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Greg

nickd

Sorry to hear that news Danny,

I met Gary a few years back in Danny's room at RMAF. I have not met a nicer, more genuine individual in the entire audio industry.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
I could tell by the sound of your voice yesterday morning what you were going to say.  I sat and cried for my friend and his loss to all of his friends.  Gayle shed a tear or two, too.

He was stronger and braver than I am.  Rest well, dear friend.

flavo

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. That must have been really tough thing to find.
My thoughts are with you.