BRYSTON CD PLAYER SURVEY

Don_S

Re: BRYSTON CD PLAYER SURVEY
« Reply #160 on: 17 Aug 2014, 07:16 pm »
Heck my BCD-1’s currently in service, maybe I could be the guinea pig, I’ll sign a release form and even/or a nondisclosure form and get them to retrofit the prototype dac and drive. :idea:  :shh:

That is so noble and courageous of you.  Yes, take one for the team.  :lol:

1ZIP

« Reply #161 on: 17 Aug 2014, 07:37 pm »
I assume we would include the remote but then again many of our customers probably already have one so maybe the option works best.

james

Good point, I like the option….since I already having a BR-2.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #162 on: 17 Aug 2014, 08:41 pm »
James,

you should include the BR2. who would want a player without a remote...

al.

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #163 on: 17 Aug 2014, 11:28 pm »
Remote optional, please. Already purchased the BR2 for the BDP-2 (and, likely, the BOT-1).

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #164 on: 18 Aug 2014, 12:46 am »
Again, I agree with Rich. I'd rather see you keep the cost of the unit down and make the remote optional. Several people already have a remote (Bryston or programmable). For those who don't, they can buy it separate. No need to increase the cost.

Samurai7595

« Reply #165 on: 18 Aug 2014, 10:36 am »
Remote optional, please. Already purchased the BR2 for the BDP-2 (and, likely, the BOT-1).

Rich

+1  :thumb:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #166 on: 18 Aug 2014, 10:56 am »
Remote optional is good, I have two already :lol:

rmurray

« Reply #167 on: 18 Aug 2014, 08:20 pm »
  James can you give us a pictorial idea of what the new cd player might appear like ? :P

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #168 on: 18 Aug 2014, 08:22 pm »
  James can you give us a pictorial idea of what the new cd player might appear like ? :P

Sorry - I can not at this point as we are still looking at DAC's and layout and deciding on the feasibility of the project.

james

1ZIP

« Reply #169 on: 19 Aug 2014, 05:00 pm »
I have been following the sale of silver BCD's on Audiogon and other places for some months now.  I'm always impressed with how fast they sell.  The last sold in two days.  A testament to the ongoing popularity of the unit.  I had thought about buying the unit , but I'm convinced Mr. Tanner and company with have a new BCD available by years end.

spinner

« Reply #170 on: 19 Aug 2014, 09:43 pm »
 ..and it better be available in black ..... :lol: :thumb:

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #171 on: 20 Aug 2014, 12:32 am »
I'm ready to order: black with blue lighting!

Go, James!

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #172 on: 21 Aug 2014, 02:37 pm »
   ..and balanced outs, or was that mentioned before    :scratch: :lol:

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #173 on: 21 Aug 2014, 03:28 pm »
James, might it be possible to build the USB-out functionality of the BOT-1 into the BCD player? This could be a valuable feature setting the player apart from the competition.

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-113

1ZIP

« Reply #174 on: 22 Aug 2014, 12:23 am »
Why??

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #175 on: 22 Aug 2014, 01:50 am »
Why??

To avoid duplication of components by giving the BCD-X the functionality of the BOT-1. It would eliminate two components in the stack (BOT and its power supply) and avoid redundancy of function. For BDP owners who still want the convenience of a standalone CD player, the USB out could provide a path to rip CDs without involving a computer.

Rich

BozemanEric

« Reply #176 on: 22 Aug 2014, 03:21 am »
About six months ago I would have been very interested. I run mostly digital files off a solid state drive. I got tired of not having time to rip my new CDs as I work about 70 hours a week. Being that my entire office system was Bryston, minus the speakers, I looked high and low for a BCD – 1. I could not find one new anywhere and finally settled for a used BCD - 1 on Audiogon.

I guess my answer is yes, I would be interested for future purchases.

R. Daneel

« Reply #177 on: 22 Aug 2014, 07:49 am »
CD player with no remote makes no sense. It is still a traditional audio component and people expect to see a remote and batteries included. Personally, I would have found it awkward to open the box and see there is no remote. Now, I have other Bryston components, even though I do not have a BR2 yet, so I am familiar with their policy of a universal remote but many people aren't. People like to play at safe so they buy a preamp and power amp from the same manufacturer but they don't necessarily buy a CD player of the same make. In the end, BCD-1 was a popular player with customers who don't necessarily own a Bryston system. It is never a good idea to exclude those customers by not including a remote control. We're lazy and it's considered mandatory.

While you'd be paying a few hundred bucks more even though you already have one, you have to remember the person who bought the player and spent several thousand bucks and still doesn't have it.

Make the player a little bit pricier but do include the remote control. Just my opinion.

Cheers!
Antun

1ZIP

« Reply #178 on: 22 Aug 2014, 01:14 pm »
How would anyone be excluded?  You either order a BCD with a remote or without. The list on a BR2 is 350.00, hardly an inexpensive item.  Doubtfully if Bryston will throw in a 350.00 remote as a free be. 

R. Daneel

« Reply #179 on: 22 Aug 2014, 01:51 pm »
How would anyone be excluded?  You either order a BCD with a remote or without. The list on a BR2 is 350.00, hardly an inexpensive item.  Doubtfully if Bryston will throw in a 350.00 remote as a free be.

Hi!

If you intend to spend roughly 3500 Euro on a CD player, then an additional 300 will hardly kill you. On the other hand, if you aren't familiar with Bryston, their policy of charging you an extra for the remote control might leave a somewhat bitter taste. Be assured this is precisely how a new customer would see it.

Cheers!
Antun