BRYSTON PHILOSOPHY

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: BRYSTON PHILOSOPHY
« Reply #60 on: 24 Sep 2016, 08:32 pm »
i dunno i had a class d onkyo integrated and let me tell you, the damn thing had no power to speak of. it would get real hot and shut down with the volume control only half-way on the dial, ridiculous!

i then sold that boat anchor and bought my current amp, the 4bsst pro. basically, this thing has the power...and i have abused it by putting it full blast on halloween night 2008 with iron maiden's 'the number of the beast' album. needless to say, i could not blow up the damn thing...the right channel went into clipping a little bit, but that's it. and the sound qualty is probably the best i have heard...very close to the fm acoustics (yes i said fm acoustics!) 611 amp which i paid 10 times what i paid for the bryston. and that fm amp used to shut down and get hot because the damn thing has a small case and hardly any heatsinking! it is true that bryston is a bit "pricey,"in real world terms..but nowhere near fm acoustics, soulution, accuphase, burmester, dan d'agostino, constellation, etc...not to say this is not great equipment but kinda tough with those prices, as in the case of fm acoustics, silly prices. now ask yourself, is bryston far worse than the brands i mentioned? not really no; think about it, bryston is made the same way as the competition using i trust are the finest componentry they can get their hands on..so why not get a bryston? it is a great sounding reliable product that is far less expensive that the competition which means it's in reach of more audiophiles and music lovers worldwide!. in my mind, it's an honest no bs sound from a company that bends over backwards for the customer. how can you beat that? how? you can't.

too many audiophiles pooh poh bryston and say allkinds of negative things especially that it's too bright. the fact of the matter is, is that these people want a warm and colored sound which in reality is a frequency anomaly; rolled off highs, and a bump or hump in the upper bass and lower midrange. so then, let them enjoy that editorializing of the music while enjoy every last subtlety, nuance, and emotion of our favorite recordings! i say to the anti bryston people; go to hell, and get out of my way; you are losers who have nothing better to do than bash equipment! it's true. we, the bryston owners are right, and you're wrong. and if you don't like it well tough...i stand behind every word that i typed here, i don't care what you people think of this post because i'm not here to make friends with the likes of you...well, that's about it for now. 1 last thing to all of the bryston owners worldwide; don't pay any mind to these anti bryston guys, they are nothing more than slimeballs with no life. and be proud of you being owners of bryston equipment. it is a world class product and don't worry about what could be better. trust me, it's not that muc better if at alll...rant over!!!

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #61 on: 24 Sep 2016, 10:01 pm »
Geezus, Trump's campaigners have taken over this thread.

srb

« Reply #62 on: 24 Sep 2016, 10:37 pm »
Why not just buy a piece of equipment, enjoy the sound, tell people you like it if you wish and leave it at that?

Go to Hell?  Losers?  Slimeballs?

Really?  :scratch:

It's one thing to get upset at someone calling your family members names, but jumping to the defense of relatively meaningless audio equipment with angry and toxic barbs will likely be viewed by others as childish at best or drug and alcohol induced at worst.

And more of a detriment than a service to Bryston.

zoom25

« Reply #63 on: 25 Sep 2016, 12:26 am »

CROOKED BRYSTON!

zoom25

« Reply #64 on: 25 Sep 2016, 12:30 am »
Also, real talk, Bryston is neutral for most part, but I will admit that the top end on Bryston can be a bit hot. I always like to mix and match Bryston with other gear. Having a Bryston stack through and through can be a bit too hot for some people.

I've heard other top studio converters and Class D amps that are just as neutral, but never get fatiguing. It comes down to room, equipment, source/music, and preferences.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #65 on: 25 Sep 2016, 12:33 am »
The only thing 'bright' about Bryston are the people who buy it  :icon_lol:

james

vegasdave

« Reply #66 on: 25 Sep 2016, 12:36 am »
 :
The only thing 'bright' about Bryston are the people who buy it  :icon_lol:

james

YES!  :lol:

vegasdave

« Reply #67 on: 25 Sep 2016, 12:41 am »
Why not just buy a piece of equipment, enjoy the sound, tell people you like it if you wish and leave it at that?

Go to Hell?  Losers?  Slimeballs?

Really?  :scratch:

It's one thing to get upset at someone calling your family members names, but jumping to the defense of relatively meaningless audio equipment with angry and toxic barbs will likely be viewed by others as childish at best or drug and alcohol induced at worst.

And more of a detriment than a service to Bryston.

that's right. again, i stand behind every word i typed here. 'nuff said on that.

detriment? let james and the rest of the guys and gals at bryston decide that. if james does  find my post to be offensive, then may he delete my post at any time...

vegasdave

« Reply #68 on: 25 Sep 2016, 12:49 am »
Also, real talk, Bryston is neutral for most part, but I will admit that the top end on Bryston can be a bit hot. I always like to mix and match Bryston with other gear. Having a Bryston stack through and through can be a bit too hot for some people.

I've heard other top studio converters and Class D amps that are just as neutral, but never get fatiguing. It comes down to room, equipment, source/music, and preferences.

exactly right, preferences...and they prefer rolled off or even slightly rolled off highs. which is ok, but not accurate to be honest.

now, i'm not saying all class d amps are bad, i'm just relaying my bad experience with one. i though it was gonna be a giant killer but the sound was like throwing wet blankets over the speakers...

and of course everything varies in audio...that's the nature of the beast.

vegasdave

« Reply #69 on: 25 Sep 2016, 12:56 am »

:thumb: :evil: