Red Hot Smoken Fire In Progress. Carnegie CST-1 Gets Reviewer's Choice.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com

Carnegie Acoustic CST-1 towers receive Reviewer's Choice Award in SoundStage Magazine.  :drool:

Here is the fire:

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=337

Rocket_Ronny pants on fire...

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Glad another reviewer discovered some of the advantages of transmission line design, but response down to only 48 Hz from a floorstander is nothing to write home about.

And I just hate when reviewers write of how elaborate/expensive the transmission line labyrinth is to build.  It ain't so.  Most floorstanders simply have an additional panel roughly the size of front baffle positioned between front and back cabinet walls.  The first/only speakers I ever built were more complicated TL's and I was barely out of college at the time.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
The CST-1's are also being discussed in this thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98346.0

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com

response down to only 48 Hz from a floorstander is nothing to write home about.

That's +/- 2 dbs. -3 db is at 42 hz. These equal the bass of the GR OB5s which is a robust, tight, bass down to 40 hz from a pair of 5.5"s.

I have the actual review pair that I am doing a "Review Celebration Sale" on. So if you are in Canada and want a smoken Christmas deal on a great pair of speakers let me know.

JFYI - A lot of folks talk about how reviews are manipulated by promises to pay for advertising, etc. Since I am the one who initiated the review, and managed it all the way through completion - almost a year long process - I can tell you straight up that nothing of the sort happened with this review. Nor was there any manipulation of the reviewer with talk of how good the speakers were in any way.

It was this simple. I arranged for a review. Email communication was made with the reviewer with no biasing on my part, or anyone else for that matter. Review made, I proofed it to see if any errors were made and that's it. The review came out better than I had hoped since I know the reviewer has not been kind to all.  :oops:

Rocket_Ronny
« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2011, 02:44 am by Rocket_Ronny »

saisunil

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Oops, my bad.

But the Amphion Argon3 (small 2-way standmounts) are rated to 36 Hz.

Rocket_Ronny

• ScriptureSongs.com

Yes. the Seas woofer used in the Argon 3 is a good performer in bass depth. But if you compare the anechoic chamber response of it to the Carnegie CST-1 you will see they perform much the same in regards to lower bass. A good performance from the Seas but not any deeper in bass. The lower mid bass notch one see's in the Carnegie I think has to do with the mike technique for measuring a Diapolito array. I certainly don't hear it. It's just not there.

Then one has to ask if they prefer the sound of a metal woofer to a paper based one like in the Carnegie. The metal comes across much drier, while the paper is warmer. That is really the difference.

Rocket_Ronny

Remlab

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE CNRC ANECHOIC CHAMBER DOES BELOW 100 HZ, LOOK AT THE REVEL ULTIMA SALON 2 REVIEW AND THE MANUFACTURER COMMENT AT THE SAME WEBSITE.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2011, 06:59 am by Remlab »

Remlab

Congratulations on the award!
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2011, 07:00 am by Remlab »