SOLD: Shigaclone CD Transport

04dgmsilv

SOLD: Shigaclone CD Transport
« on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:23 pm »
Up for sale is another of my DIY efforts, affectionately refered to in the diy community as the Shigaclone.  This is a clone of the 47 Labs Shigaraki Transport.  Caution, there will be some minor DIY work involved in getting this up and running.

My version is based on Peter Daniels' (diyaudio/Audiosector/Audio Zone fame) build documented here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/audio-sector/160373-cd-transport.html

That thread will link you to tons of info on this little beauty.

I built this earlier this year and sadly just have not used it much, thus I can't justify it sitting on the rack doing nothing. I'm in the process of simplifying my setup and use a modwright transporter as my digital source. This little guy sounds great used as an input to that DAC, but I rip my CDs to the computer as soon as I get them and its just more convenient for me.

Anyway, the Shiga is built very similarly to Peter's version, all the same parts in the PS (blackagtes, etc.). Using dale resistors on the output. I have most of the parts to assemble the clock mod (discussed in the thread above) as well, which can be included. I had the top plate made by front panel express. The bottom plate is aluminum, not copper as in Peter's builds.

The DIY part of this piece is that the xfmr and rectifier are in a separate larger chassis that houses all of my power conditioning equipment, and am not selling at this time. Thus, the buyer will have to provide a small enclosure and wire up the IEC, transformer and XLR Jack used as power output.

SOLD

A couple of pics of whats all included on the Shigaclone, sans transformer and rectifiers. They are still in my other case. The transformer is a hammond split-bobbin and rectifiers are MSR860s:

« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2011, 07:05 pm by 04dgmsilv »