Anyone remember the 4x8 kit from AC called the Lancer?

emckissack

When I was about 13yo or so, i'm now 38, my dad and i built a kit from Audio Concepts with 4 AC-8's and a pair of SEAS tweets. I think the kit was called LANCER? We built the cabinets out of 12" paper rolls that we got from the paper mill. a portion of the face of the tube was cut off to accommodate a flat face to mount the speakers to. The configuration was woofer, tweeter, woofer. We also drilled 6 holes in the back close to the bottom and covered the holes up from the inside with foam. We also lined the entire inside of the enclosure with roofing tar paper and used the wool stuffing that came with the kit as well. A Xover was also included with the kit......Well now 25 years later I still use this set for the front main speakers in my system. They still sound excellent and the only thing I have had to replace are the tweeters because one went bad about 3 years ago and I replaced them with a set of Vifas from the same era my dad still had. I think the Vifas sound better than the SEAS and am still proud to show off the kit I built as a kid. If only they still made quality like they used to.