FS: Accuphase E202 Integrated Amp

viggen

FS: Accuphase E202 Integrated Amp
« on: 25 Dec 2008, 02:38 am »

Accuphase E202 Integrated amplifier. 

Please check the following links for information regarding this vintage amp:
http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/accuphase/integrated-amplifiers/e-202/PRD_115517_2717crx.aspx
http://www.accuphase.com/e-202_e.htm#

As far as I know, the amp is in perfect mechanical condition.  All the buttons work, all the meters light up.  I don't have a turntable at the moment, so I have not tested out the phono section.

There are minor scrapes and mars here and there that shouldn't be out of the ordinary for a product of this vintage. 

The amp comes with detachable powercord. 

I am asking $380 plus actual shipping and paypal fees.  Due to the amp's weight, I give priority to local buyers.

denjo

Re: FS: Accuphase E202 Integrated Amp
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2008, 07:56 am »
Wow, if I was in the US I would have bought this in a heartbeat!!

Wonderful amplifier and a good price!

Best of luck!

Best Regards
Dennis

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2008, 02:12 pm »
Viggen, where in the US are you?

viggen

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2008, 06:36 pm »
Hello:

I am in La Mirada, CA which is right on the border between OC and LA county.  If you are in the area and want to audition, let me know.

viggen

« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2008, 07:22 am »

Another photo added. There's some scratches on the top panel on the bottom right hand corner.

lazydays

« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2008, 06:58 pm »

Accuphase E202 Integrated amplifier. 

Please check the following links for information regarding this vintage amp:
http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/accuphase/integrated-amplifiers/e-202/PRD_115517_2717crx.aspx
http://www.accuphase.com/e-202_e.htm#

As far as I know, the amp is in perfect mechanical condition.  All the buttons work, all the meters light up.  I don't have a turntable at the moment, so I have not tested out the phono section.

There are minor scrapes and mars here and there that shouldn't be out of the ordinary for a product of this vintage. 

The amp comes with detachable powercord. 

I am asking $380 plus actual shipping and paypal fees.  Due to the amp's weight, I give priority to local buyers.

I had one of those amps once, and the phono stage isn't bad at all. Works best with higher impedence loads. The power rating is somewhat conservative by the way.
gary

truajb

« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2008, 08:19 pm »
Hi viggen,

I am very interested in your amp but unfortunately i am in Canada. Would you be able to ship it to Toronto, ON? How heavy is the baby?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks.

viggen

« Reply #7 on: 28 Dec 2008, 01:05 am »
Hi:

I am sure it's possible to ship it to Canada.  As I have never shipped anything into Canada before, I have no idea what is involved paper work wise  although the Fedex site eludes there to be quite a few paper.   Just did a quick quote on Fedex.com, and it comes out to $88 shipped (5 business days) to M4B 1C2 (some random Toronto postal code).

So, for convenience sake, I'd say local buyers have priority, then US, then North America, then Western Hemisphere then Earth excluding Nigeria.

drab

« Reply #8 on: 28 Dec 2008, 01:53 am »
[quote author=viggen link=topic=63009.msg569688#msg569688 date=123042632

So, for convenience sake, I'd say local buyers have priority, then US, then North America, then Western Hemisphere then Earth excluding Nigeria.
[/quote]

Son of a ....!! :duh:

Mike in Nigeria :green:

truajb

« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec 2008, 05:04 am »
Hi Viggen,

$88 shipping is not a problem. Are you waiting for more offer or will you take an offer from me on the spot?

I can pay you via Paypal.

My shipping postal code is L4B 4V6. There shouldn't be too much paperwork involved if you use USPS as far as I know and it might even be cheaper.

Please let me know if you would take my offer. Thanks.

Louis

viggen

« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2008, 09:32 pm »
Thank you for all your interests.  Amp is now sale pending. 

HPower

« Reply #11 on: 29 Dec 2008, 03:32 am »
Hey truajb,

If this is your sale pending, I would recommend against using FedEx or UPS and insist on USPS.
Canada Post will only charge you $5.00 brokerage plus 13% taxes.
You will find the courier services charge you a MUCH higher brokerage fee.

When I have packages sent from the USA, I have them sent to a place in Niagara Falls, NY and drive down
and pick the package up... about 75 minute drive from my work in Mississauga.

It is then up to you what you want to declare as you come back into Canada, I have noticed lately that
Canadian Customs just waves me through if I declare under $100.

This is who I use to take delivery for me:

http://www.usaddressinc.com/

They are only 2 minutes from the Lewistown Bridge and they charge $5 for most packages.

TONEPUB

« Reply #12 on: 29 Dec 2008, 03:36 am »
As someone who ships to canada on a regular, with a piece of gear, bite it
and pay the duties...

I've never had anything but trouble with USPS trying to get stuff across the
border.  Fed Ex is the best for going to Canada.  They will make sure it goes
door to door and the insurance factor should something go wrong.

Nice amp!

kck

« Reply #13 on: 29 Dec 2008, 03:45 am »

border.  Fed Ex is the best for going to Canada.  They will make sure it goes
door to door and the insurance factor should something go wrong.

Nice amp!

May one inquire what kind of trouble? I have shipped a few items to Canada, perhaps 5 or 6, ranging from cables to middleweight amps. Every time via the Postal Service, never an issue and rarely any charge to the buyer (actually, I think never, as none of them told me there was any but I'm leaving open the possibility they didn't tell me).
AFAIK USPS has always made the delivery and always in good time. It's their letter mail (the 42 cent stuff) that sometimes gets held up but not usually packages. Rates are pretty good too for light to mid-weight stuff.

truajb

« Reply #14 on: 29 Dec 2008, 04:15 am »
Hey HPower,

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, I am not the lucky one who will be owning this beautiful Amp. If you know of anyone who wants to sell their E202, do let me know and it's much appreciated.

I am looking at upgrading from my Arcam alpha 7 to something more musical and powerful like this Accuphase. Any idea how my Alpha 7 compares to some of these vintage amps? Any feedback is welcomed.

GregC

« Reply #15 on: 29 Dec 2008, 04:18 am »
I have shipped two packages to Canada, one via FedEx and the other via USPS.  As long as you do not run into a problem of having to insure for more than $700, USPS was far easier.  Regardless, it is much more difficult to ship across the order versus domestic shipping.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #16 on: 29 Dec 2008, 07:07 am »
border. 

I've received many, many packages from the US (and thousands going the other way)... as long as it isn't too expensive Post is my preferred method of transport, althou the cost equation has changed since USPS stopped doing ground post out of the US... my regulat big shipments come by FedEx or DHL.

Never ever UPS.

dave

mcgsxr

« Reply #17 on: 29 Dec 2008, 01:11 pm »
WAAAAY off topic, but I have to chime in here too - with 100+ transactions on eBay, mostly buying, and mostly from US folks, I can assure you - ALWAYS USPS, and never UPS.  I have had decent results with Fedex and DHL, but USPS is the cheapest, and has been very reliable on this end.

Good luck with the sale, wish I had been closer, I would have taken a long hard look at this baby...

truajb

« Reply #18 on: 6 Jan 2009, 05:03 am »
Dear audiophile friends,

I just bought a used Accuphase E202 from a local guy and it sounds beautifully. I am really lucky. Now, I need the user manual.  I wonder if anyone might have a copy in PDF to share. Thanks.

Louis

denjo

« Reply #19 on: 6 Jan 2009, 01:46 pm »
Hi truajb

Congratulations on the purchase of the Accuphase E-202! Its a real classic and still sounds wonderfully musical and should last for many more years to come!

You should email Kelly K Kawakami San with your request and I feel quite confident that he will try his best to accede to your request. I have emailed him several times and he was always quick to respond and he was very helpful too! Visit the Accuphase site at www.accuphase.com and you should find a "Contact Us" field. Its "down" at the moment until 18 Jan.

Best Regards
Dennis