MFW 15's with new Triad amps and options

jparkhur

MFW 15's with new Triad amps and options
« on: 21 Feb 2011, 03:39 pm »
Ok, so I was one of those guys who picked up two mfw 15's on the down slide of AV123.  I was happy with them for the purpose of using them in my kids theater basement.  They are using NHT IW3 and IW4 with 2 sides, and 2 rear channels.  With the issues of the amps, even though I had V3 amps and no issues, I decided to pick up a older Triad rack amp 250 to use.  I took out the amps of the MFW's and filled the space with expanding foam and ran the speakers in series to the bridged Triad amp.  Use the XOs and gain on the front, I found a nice response for my room.  I did, in the end, use the Integra's Audysse to help with a hump in the 45hz region.  Now it is playing fairly flat across the range below 80 THX.  I have not seen any other postings, so thought if people were looking for a fix, go for it and try a new amp.  I know drop ins are not available yet, but who cares.  Works and looks great.

JP

nottaway

Re: MFW 15's with new Triad amps and options
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2011, 01:12 am »
Ok, so I was one of those guys who picked up two mfw 15's on the down slide of AV123.  I was happy with them for the purpose of using them in my kids theater basement.  They are using NHT IW3 and IW4 with 2 sides, and 2 rear channels.  With the issues of the amps, even though I had V3 amps and no issues, I decided to pick up a older Triad rack amp 250 to use.  I took out the amps of the MFW's and filled the space with expanding foam and ran the speakers in series to the bridged Triad amp.  Use the XOs and gain on the front, I found a nice response for my room.  I did, in the end, use the Integra's Audysse to help with a hump in the 45hz region.  Now it is playing fairly flat across the range below 80 THX.  I have not seen any other postings, so thought if people were looking for a fix, go for it and try a new amp.  I know drop ins are not available yet, but who cares.  Works and looks great.

JP

Wanna sell those v3s?

jparkhur

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2011, 01:48 am »
Sorry, sold them both to someone who also needed them due to the version two hum.... Jp

nottaway

« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2011, 02:32 pm »
Good to know they found a good home. :thumb:

jparkhur

« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2011, 05:06 pm »
If anyone needs the controllers for the top of the v1 and v2 amps, i have em, and don't need them.. yours for shipping and a mt. dew..

JP