College Football Anyone?

Mudslide

College Football Anyone?
« on: 4 Jul 2014, 04:36 pm »
How about a prediction on the National Title game?  Heisman qb, best backfield in the nation, couple of All-Americans, entire OL returns, blur speed everywhere...here's my pick for the first year playoff winner ....

Nick B

Re: College Football Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2014, 11:19 pm »
Well, I 'm a big UCLA Bruin fan and the Pac 12 should be a great battle for starters. Maybe the Ducks can make it all the way. As for the other team, it's probably a toss up with Florida State and 'Bama.
Nick

PS  those uniforms look a lot better than a few years ago....thank goodness  :thumb: 

Mudslide

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2014, 11:34 pm »
Duck's biggest game, except for Michigan St. perhaps, will be your UCLA group down in the Rose Bowl.  Both L.A. teams are loaded.

Those nice things said...I went to Cal and love the Ducks ... so ....  :duel: :lol:

Nick B

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2014, 11:44 pm »
Speaking of Cal, the Bears had some good teams  a few years back and I always Tedford was a very good coach. Not sure what happened there   :scratch:

kgturner

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jul 2014, 03:21 am »

Nick B

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jul 2014, 03:38 pm »
I don't recognize that logo..........   :scratch:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #6 on: 5 Jul 2014, 04:17 pm »
Boy George?    :scratch:

Mudslide

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jul 2014, 12:41 pm »
That may be the BCS runnerup...or the Taft High School Tigers.  Not sure.   :scratch:

:lol:

Emil

« Reply #8 on: 7 Jul 2014, 06:16 pm »

Never much paid attention to college ball until my daughter went off to Penn State

Bill O'Brien did a great job keeping things together after the sanctions but everyone knew he was biding his time waiting for the call from the NFL.

I'm looking forward to an exciting season with new coach James Franklin at the helm starting with there first game in Ireland against UCF.

Mudslide

« Reply #9 on: 28 Jul 2014, 03:48 pm »

Never much paid attention to college ball until my daughter went off to Penn State

Bill O'Brien did a great job keeping things together after the sanctions but everyone knew he was biding his time waiting for the call from the NFL.

I'm looking forward to an exciting season with new coach James Franklin at the helm starting with there first game in Ireland against UCF.

Yes, Franklin has done an outstanding job with recruiting this summer.  Big hopes for a school with a big burden.

(BTW, an old friend is a Professor Emeritus in the Business School at PSU!  Great school.)

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #10 on: 7 Sep 2014, 02:57 am »
Looks like Michigan decided to end the Notre Dame series a year early.    :lol:

RDavidson

« Reply #11 on: 7 Sep 2014, 03:07 am »
Big 10 got hammered pretty bad. Not 100% positive, but I don't think any Big 10 school won a football game today. To top it off, Ohio State is behind and it's currently the 4th quarter.

Mudslide

« Reply #12 on: 7 Sep 2014, 03:18 am »
I don't think there will be any Playoff party for the Big 10.  (Can they count over there?  I see 14 teams.  Bigger 14?.   :lol:)

Emil

« Reply #13 on: 7 Sep 2014, 03:21 am »
Big 10 got hammered pretty bad. Not 100% positive, but I don't think any Big 10 school won a football game today. To top it off, Ohio State is behind and it's currently the 4th quarter.

Penn State did :thumb:

charmerci

« Reply #14 on: 7 Sep 2014, 12:27 pm »
Nice that my Hokies broke through on a big game!  :thumb:

I sure hope that this is a change in the program. It's nice to have a QB with consistent confidence. (Logan Thomas had all the talent in the world but geez, the inconsistency.  :duh: )

Mudslide

« Reply #15 on: 8 Sep 2014, 03:12 am »
Nice that my Hokies broke through on a big game!  :thumb:

I sure hope that this is a change in the program. It's nice to have a QB with consistent confidence. (Logan Thomas had all the talent in the world but geez, the inconsistency.  :duh: )

Michael Brewer is as tough as an old boot!  Great game.

Emil

« Reply #16 on: 8 Sep 2014, 08:24 pm »

Looks like all sanctions against Penn State have been lifted immediately by the NCAA so they are now Bowl eligible with its full allotment of scholarships. No surprise here IMHO.
College football is big money for the NCAA as well as the BIG 10. A weakened Penn State is bad for business.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2191521-ncaa-announces-immediate-end-of-penn-states-bowl-ban-scholarship-limits?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=penn-state-football

Mudslide

« Reply #17 on: 12 Sep 2014, 02:55 pm »
Looks like all sanctions against Penn State have been lifted immediately by the NCAA so they are now Bowl eligible with its full allotment of scholarships. No surprise here IMHO.
College football is big money for the NCAA as well as the BIG 10. A weakened Penn State is bad for business.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2191521-ncaa-announces-immediate-end-of-penn-states-bowl-ban-scholarship-limits?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=penn-state-football

^ +1

Mike B.

« Reply #18 on: 12 Sep 2014, 03:29 pm »
I live in Eugene Oregon and I am a alum of the University of Oregon. I hope Marcus stays healthy. Tomorrow the U of Wyoming comes to town. They are 2-0.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #19 on: 12 Sep 2014, 04:07 pm »

Anyone think it was just a coincidence this happened after the B1G suffered a big beat down the previous Saturday? While it is still early and weird things happen in college football, if the selection were today, no B1G team would make the playoff.