Nuprime ST-10 and DAC-9 + 12v trigger

sone

Nuprime ST-10 and DAC-9 + 12v trigger
« on: 17 Jan 2018, 09:44 am »
Dear all,

I've been running a setup of DAC-9 / STA-9 for a bit more than a year now.

System is combined with Dynaudio x34 speakers and for input a Allo DigiOne.

I recently had the chance to try a ST-10 and dual STA-9 and I liked the sound of the ST-10 combined with the DAC-9 over the single STA-9 and dual STA-9 combined with the DAC-9.

Question is - the DAC-9 dont have the 12v trigger. Is there any of you that have had the same problem? - and found a solution w/o voiding warranty? - or is it just better to leave the ST-10 ON 24/7?

Regards

slash71

Re: Nuprime ST-10 and DAC-9 + 12v trigger
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2018, 04:23 pm »
No 24/7 ..  serious?

Using a good  power socket with on/off switch solve all your caveats..

Power Socket

hope this help

RDavidson

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2018, 05:18 pm »
I'd just leave the ST10 on all the time. Power draw is negligible. Wear and tear should also be negligible. It's one of the nice things about class D in my opinion. Leave it on and its always warmed up and ready to go without really affecting your power bill...unlike other amp types.

sone

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2018, 09:33 pm »
No 24/7 ..  serious?

Using a good  power socket with on/off switch solve all your caveats..

A power socket fix isn't really the solution I was looking for - leaves me with more problems than solutions.

Thought about something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/PIE-CYCLOPS-HighLevel-Voltage-Trigger/dp/B001KM527I

@RDavidson
I have my STA-9 turned on all the time. I was more thinking about wear and tear - but you are correct - idle power consumption is minimal.

slash71

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2018, 10:21 pm »
I'd just leave the ST10 on all the time. Power draw is negligible. Wear and tear should also be negligible. It's one of the nice things about class D in my opinion. Leave it on and its always warmed up and ready to go without really affecting your power bill...unlike other amp types.

I think that leaving any component on permanently can cause it to lose its best performance.

slash71

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2018, 10:42 pm »
A power socket fix isn't really the solution I was looking for - leaves me with more problems than solutions.

Thought about something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/PIE-CYCLOPS-HighLevel-Voltage-Trigger/dp/B001KM527I

you can try, if it work let us know!

sone

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2018, 07:06 am »
you can try, if it work let us know!

I will... but it might take some time, need the ST-10 first.. its on my wishlist.

sone

« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2018, 09:45 am »
Dear all,

I've been running a setup of DAC-9 / STA-9 for a bit more than a year now.

System is combined with Dynaudio x34 speakers and for input a Allo DigiOne.

I recently had the chance to try a ST-10 and dual STA-9 and I liked the sound of the ST-10 combined with the DAC-9 over the single STA-9 and dual STA-9 combined with the DAC-9.

Question is - the DAC-9 don't have the 12v trigger. Is there any of you that have had the same problem? - and found a solution w/o voiding warranty? - or is it just better to leave the ST-10 ON 24/7?

Regards

Just wanted to give an update on this. Bought the ST-10, when I had the chance :) And the combo of DAC-9 and ST-10 still amazes me.

The DAC-9 input E4 (USB port for Bluetooth dongle BT-9 or WR-100/100D)- have 5v out. 5v is enough to trigger the ST-10.
If you dint use this input you can easily make a cable connecting only the USB +5v and GND to a stereo mini jack.

Works like a charm and cheap.
Even w/o modifying the DAC-9, as I was considering retrofitting a 12v trigger on the DAC-9; until I realized that 5v was enough to trigger.

Regards

rustydoglim

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jan 2019, 01:53 am »
I am not sure doing this will damage ST-10's trigger input. You should check with support.
The 5V output is for power supply use.