NuPrime ST-10 with Wilson Sabrina and WP8

rustydoglim

NuPrime ST-10 with Wilson Sabrina and WP8
« on: 13 Dec 2017, 02:32 pm »
Wow, you got to read this review:
http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/loudspeaker-reviews/wilson-sabrina/
"Where all other transistor amps seemed dynamically a little restrained and only the PrimaLuna provided the kind of subjective dynamic swing that I crave, the NuPrime ST-10 has a kind of energetic presence that none of the other amps (transistor and tube) could match. Transient crispness and dynamic impact are really startling, better than with any of the other amps. Bass with the ST-10 is also incredible, not in a big and fat kind of way, but tuneful and articulate with just the right amount of pressure. Meanwhile the NuPrime’s very pure tonality and open and communicative character further increase the Sabrina’s timbral believability."

There are some more comment after this paragraph that I think tried to balance the review :)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: NuPrime ST-10 with Wilson Sabrina and WP8
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2017, 03:32 pm »
Good job, Jason!

:thumb:

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2017, 03:44 pm »
Congrats! Really a nice read and, yes, while there is some critique after the glowing part, the mere fact that it stood the ground or above others at half or less the cost is mighty impressive!

Thanks for sharing those interesting reads. Best regards,
Rafa.

damguz

« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2017, 10:38 pm »
Every time I think I have assuaged my upgraditis and start to settle in the enjoyment of my IDA8, something like this comes up and jump starts the reasons to present the missus why is time to take the next step.

It is not fair.  Not fair at all.

traver02

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2017, 09:29 am »
Great!!!

Hifi-Advice has a very good reputation and a lot of followers in Europe.
can we expect a dramatic increase in Nuprime selling????

we all hope so

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2017, 07:37 pm »
Even better news:
I just listened to ST-10M today at the factory, it is better than ST-10 in every way. ST-10M is not simply a bridge of ST-10, there are some changes to the board, and the preamp section has 1M Ohm input impedance (only a handful of amps have this type of performance and they cost a bomb). We will be offering existing ST-10 customer a conversion price of $250, with another ST-10M purchase (obviously, no reason to convert ST-10 from stereo into ST-10M mono if you are not going to buy another one).
« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2017, 09:02 pm by rustydoglim »

Samac

« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2017, 12:45 am »
Even better news:
I just listened to ST-10M today at the factory, it is better than ST-10 in every way. ST-10M is not simply a bridge of ST-10, there are some changes to the board, and the preamp section has 1M Ohm input impedance (only a handful of amps have this type of performance and they cost a bomb). We will be offering existing ST-10 customer a conversion price of $250, with another ST-10M purchase (obviously, no reason to convert ST-10 from stereo into ST-10M mono if you are not going to buy another one).

Oh, and the Ref 21 (MSRP $2995) - better than ST-10M or Ref 20 in every way. More details, effortless, bigger sound stage.   
Both models shipping mid January, 2018.

Sweet! Looks like 2018 is going to be an exciting year at NuPrime. Looking forward to the new amps. Is the IDA32 coming in the first quarter?

Cheers,

Scott

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2017, 07:29 pm »
IDA-32 will likely be mid 2018.
Here's the line up sequentially almost every month from January 2018:
January - ST-10M, Ref <something>, CDT-8 Pro
Late Feb - MCX-1,2,4 and Omnia S1
May/June - IDA-32

MCX is a new low profile (1.5u) multi-channel amp designed for 1x700W, 2x350W, 4x200W.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 22 Dec 2017, 07:43 pm »
Are there any new DACs forthcoming?

Samac

« Reply #9 on: 22 Dec 2017, 10:14 pm »
IDA-32 will likely be mid 2018.
Here's the line up sequentially almost every month from January 2018:
January - ST-10M, Ref <something>, CDT-8 Pro
Late Feb - MCX-1,2,4 and Omnia S1
May/June - IDA-32

MCX is a new low profile (1.5u) multi-channel amp designed for 1x700W, 2x350W, 4x200W.

Excellent. Thanks, Jason.

Cheers,

Scott

VintageFlanker

« Reply #10 on: 25 Dec 2017, 06:48 pm »
Even better news:

Oh, and the Ref 21 (MSRP $2995) - better than ST-10M or Ref 20 in every way. More details, effortless, bigger sound stage.   
Both models shipping mid January, 2018.

Jason,

Just for understanding:

How much will the ST10M cost? If it's the same as ST10 and if REF21 cost less than two ST10M, and claim to sound better, what the point to get two ST10M instead of one ST21?

Rx8man

« Reply #11 on: 25 Dec 2017, 08:31 pm »
I like HiFi-Advice and their review approach, NuPrime being mentioned here is great.

IMO, what I don't like is when equipment in the "elite market" or "big name?" being reviewed is treated with a "royalty" and certain other brands of ancillary equipment may not be worthy of inclusion or consideration because they're either too small or cost way less.

I better not run my NuForce amps with 50 or 100K speakers, I may break the golden rule book lol.

Reviewers have to be careful in their wordings, not wanting to spill the beans too much about the actual reality.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #12 on: 25 Dec 2017, 09:39 pm »
...what the point to get two ST10M instead of one ST21?
Vintage, the Ref21 or whatever it is called is ALSO a mono amp, you would need two Ref21s, two ST-10M or one St-10. So prices are a good scale up: $1500 for ST-10, about $3000 for two St-10M and around $6000 for two Ref21.

So you pick your budget and sonic tastes. The price ladders sits really well to acomodatte different budgets.

Best regards,
Rafa.

rustydoglim

« Reply #13 on: 28 Dec 2017, 09:05 pm »
Jason,

Just for understanding:

How much will the ST10M cost? If it's the same as ST10 and if REF21 cost less than two ST10M, and claim to sound better, what the point to get two ST10M instead of one ST21?

Ref <something> (decided not to call it 21) is a mono amp :)
ST-10M is also a mono amp, costing the same as one ST-10.
So two Ref <something> will certainly cost much more than two ST-10M

rustydoglim

« Reply #14 on: 28 Dec 2017, 09:14 pm »
I like HiFi-Advice and their review approach, NuPrime being mentioned here is great.

IMO, what I don't like is when equipment in the "elite market" or "big name?" being reviewed is treated with a "royalty" and certain other brands of ancillary equipment may not be worthy of inclusion or consideration because they're either too small or cost way less.

I better not run my NuForce amps with 50 or 100K speakers, I may break the golden rule book lol.

Reviewers have to be careful in their wordings, not wanting to spill the beans too much about the actual reality.

You are absolutely right. In terms of technology, I can say we are quite elite.  Who else is still doing high end Class D R&D ?
Technology evolution is leaving the dinosaurs behind.
ST-10M for example, has 1M Ohm input impedance.