Blair Chapman Preamp $495, Jantzen Superior Z caps, TKD pot, killer pre for $

Creed

Blair Chapman Preamp $495 please google and read reviews. Have owned this a few years, used sparingly in second system. I replaced stock caps with Jantzen Audio, Superior Z caps advised by Blair Chapman himself. I also changed volume pot with TKD at a cost of $100 for TKD alone. All work was done with cardas solder. Gain switch was disabled by advise from Blair, you can connect back if you choose. This pre amp will compete with much more expensive Preamps. Comparing a friends Audible Illusiom 3a with the Blair Chapman we both thought the Blair Chapman sounded much better to us. I personally think it can play with the $2000 to $4000 preamps. I had it matched with McCormack DNA 1 with rev A mods and LSA Statement speakers. The LSA ribbon tweeters and rev A mods will show a weak link and the Blair Chapman was a perfect match. I think I have 1 or 2 extra set of tubes, thanks for looking, you can also call at (318)-623-1400, Paul. Please no PayPal. USPS money order, or checks are fine. Long time Audiogon member with 100% feedback under username, paulcreed

From the Designer of the Preamp:
This preamplifier is my latest design using 8CG7 tubes. I selected 8CG7 vs. 6CG7 because there is a huge price difference in the 8V version of this tube over the 6V version. Example: a trio of 6CG7 RCA Clear Tops would be in the upwards of $75 whereas a trio of 8CG7 RCA Clear Tops can be assembled for around $20. The tradeoff is pretty reasonable.
This preamp features:
-Low Output impedance of around 400 ohms (Will drive almost any SS amp!)
-Full point-to-point wiring
-16ga Steel Top plate
-Solid hardwood panels
-Gold plated RCA jacks
-3 inputs and 2 outputs (Can drive a plate amp as well)
-Standby Switch to allow your tubes to warm up
-Input sensitivity switch (In case you may have a DAC or device with a hot output)
I build all of my preamps with pride and strive to deliver something worthy of showcasing. I have be building preamps for many years and have many satisfied customers. I can provide references if needed. This is not my job, but my passion filled hobby. I provide NOS tubes with my preamps. It may be various brands, but all will have original boxes. I pack and ship quickly and securely as well as provide insurance on the shipping for my items.
I rate everythying I build 8/10 because it is hand crafted.
Thank you for looking!
Testimonials on the first few sold:
“I am enjoying the new preamp! I am very happy with it all the way around.

First of all, I was concerned about noise, but your preamp is VERY quiet and it will drive very long cables too! I have my system setup with the amp between the speakers, but the preamp is located within reach of my listening position, so I routinely use 20ft+ interconnects. I have tried it with all three of my DIY cables (braided, shielded twisted pair, and coax) and it works great with all types of cable, and as I said each of those were approximately 20ft in length.

The sound quality is also first rate, great detail, transparency, and freq. response. The harmonics on strings (guitar, piano, etc) are awesome!

The "gain switch" is a unique option, works well and quietly. I haven't listened extensively yet to see if dynamics are affected, but so far, it seems to work just great.

Haven't noticed any microphonics from the tubes either, unlike my other tube preamp....

Great job, keep up the good work!
Mark”
“PreAmp arrived safely. Thanks again for the quick ship.
It's always a gamble buying something sight unseen, unheard, etc.
Nothing to go on but a picture and a hope. I replaced my D***D preamp
which had been playing for over an hour, nicely warmed up, with your
(mine) preamplifier, cold, right out of the box and the difference was
immediately evident. Richer tone, better bass, everything I'd hoped
for when I placed my order. Really nice piece, Thank you.
Very happy customer,
Mike”
“Blair’s Tube Preamplifier is one of the best when it comes to Value versus Performace. It is very rare when a product comes on the market of this kind. When playing the music you can feel the Passion that Blair has put in to his Peamplifier. A Stunning addition to my already fine system. Thanks for the Grin Blair. ~Anthony L. (Houston Audio Club member)

starkiller

PM incoming....

starkiller

Great deal !  Have one of his earlier preamps and for the $ it cant be beat!!

Creed

Weekend bump