DAC-9 has landed

Bloom1966

DAC-9 has landed
« on: 21 Jul 2017, 02:54 pm »
Good day to you all,

The DAC-9 has arrived. First impressions are already positive.
What's the running-in time for gear like this?
It's really a brand new piece.
Unfortunatly the dealer had no demo version of the DAC.

I also would like to demo the HPA-9 as well and compare it with the DAC.
The dealer shall arrange a demo version of the HPA...

Best regards

Henk

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: DAC-9 has landed
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2017, 04:15 pm »
Regarding break in, I have the HPA-9 and it's still improving after several months.  Granted, I don't get to listen for as much as I would like so the hours aren't all that high yet, but still, it's been awhile.  I really didn't like it all that much even after 48 hours of run in, kinda flat sounding in tone and soundstage, but man it's really gotten better and better as time goes on.  It always had great detail and dynamics, now it has a sweet tone and an expansive soundstage as well.  Anyway, I'm thinking if you like your DAC-9 now it's just going to get better as time goes by, at least into the hundreds of hours.

Bloom1966

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2017, 07:28 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I will take my time.
Been out for a couple of hours and listening again.
Playing vinyl, so dac is not in use. Sound very good already.
Tonight I will attach my laptop to the dac, so the music can play all night....

Genez

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2017, 07:31 pm »
Regarding break in, I have the HPA-9 and it's still improving after several months.  Granted, I don't get to listen for as much as I would like so the hours aren't all that high yet, but still, it's been awhile.  I really didn't like it all that much even after 48 hours of run in, kinda flat sounding in tone and soundstage, but man it's really gotten better and better as time goes on.  It always had great detail and dynamics, now it has a sweet tone and an expansive soundstage as well.  Anyway, I'm thinking if you like your DAC-9 now it's just going to get better as time goes by, at least into the hundreds of hours.

Just a suggestion.... 

Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme T1A fuse.   Make sure its oriented in the right direction.I find NuPrime and Hi-Fi tuning fuses compliment each other.  Greater transparency. 

Bloom1966

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2017, 07:33 pm »
Hi Genez,

Thanks for the advice.
I will let the dac burn in first.
Then tuning with fuses etc.
Any suggestions with powercables?

Genez

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2017, 07:44 pm »
Any suggestions with powercables?

Save money and look here. http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGAC14S2

They sound great (and, could cost lots more)     

I will stand by a recommendation made by an audiophile designer who recommendation that I stick with a minimum of 6 feet (two meters) length.  I also saw online an audiophile power cord company make the same recommendation.  I am not waiting for the scientific explanation for this when the ears let you know before the testers can figure it out.

NuPrime equipment is so efficient that I find that using source level cords are a great match.  No need for the bulky heavy high current types designed for high powered analog amps.   When I had my Furman Power conditioner with meters, the voltage and amperage draw was slightly above idle level when playing.  Furman thought the conditioner might be defective.  NuPrime amps are so wonderfully efficient.  Regular "source component" audiophile power cords are very happy with them.  At least,  that's been my experience. ;)
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2017, 12:25 am by Genez »

Bloom1966

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2017, 10:06 pm »
Thanks for the link to the website.
I live in The Netherlands, so ordering could be a slight difficult.
Again, I will burn in the dac and then decide what to do with tuning the system.
But the tip on the power cables in a warm welcome. The price is very nice indeed. I would order three, one for the DAC, two for the amp STA-9.(an extra for the future bridged set of amps).
Something to keep in mind.
Anyone already uses the balanced outs and ins?

Bloom1966

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2017, 09:33 am »
Thanks for the link to the website.
I live in The Netherlands, so ordering could be a slight difficult.
Again, I will burn in the dac and then decide what to do with tuning the system.
But the tip on the power cables in a warm welcome. The price is very nice indeed. I would order three, one for the DAC, two for the amp STA-9.(an extra for the future bridged set of amps).
Something to keep in mind.
Anyone already uses the balanced outs and ins?