DAC 10 remote

Genez

DAC 10 remote
« on: 19 Jul 2017, 04:05 am »

Does the remote control that comes with the DAC10(H) also control the ST-10? 

JackD

Re: DAC 10 remote
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2017, 05:17 am »
There is nothing on the ST-10 to control just an off and on button on the front.  If you want them to come on together use the trigger.  I would suggest you leave the ST-10 and the DAC-10 on all the time unless you leave home for a length of time. 

Genez

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2017, 07:23 am »
No problem...

Was just wondering.   I usually leave everything on 24/7.... except I hate it when we are in storm season.

Fishermen, golfers, and audiophiles, all keep a close watch on the weather reports.  :wink:

in1unison

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2017, 12:03 pm »
You can use trigger cable to connect the two, as Jack mentioned, by which remote will switch both of them on/off. But that alone will not help you protect them from the storm.

Genez

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2017, 05:23 pm »
What I do to protect me from the storm is unplugging or throwing the circuit breaker.

I am beginning to believe only unplugging from the outlet will guarantee safe returns.

in1unison

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jul 2017, 01:23 pm »
And what happens when you are not at home or simply forget to unplug when electric storm hits?  :duh:

Also sometimes Electricity Utility technicians do something really stupid that can fry your appliances.

Therefore, I think, surge protector is a must (sacrificial type). Your local electrician/contractor can  give you advice on good ones that come with insurance warranty (mine covers 5000 USD) and are not that expensive.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2017, 04:14 pm »
Or get the kind that install at the electrical panel (type 2 surge protectors or "whole house surge protectors"; the kind you use at your outlets is type 3).

However, the only thing that protects against direct lightning strikes is prayer.

Genez

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jul 2017, 04:28 pm »
And what happens when you are not at home or simply forget to unplug when electric storm hits?  :duh:

Also sometimes Electricity Utility technicians do something really stupid that can fry your appliances.

Therefore, I think, surge protector is a must (sacrificial type). Your local electrician/contractor can  give you advice on good ones that come with insurance warranty (mine covers 5000 USD) and are not that expensive.

I never said that I do not have surge protection.  Mine has surge suppression up to 20,000 amps.  I just do not want to have to have it kick in it accept for the times you just mentioned.

in1unison

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jul 2017, 05:29 pm »
@Genez

Cool!

Genez

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jul 2017, 06:37 pm »
@Genez

Cool!

Found this used, or I could never afford one...   http://www.audience-av.com/conditioners/ar6.html