List of Streaming Apps for Omnia SP1 ?

rustydoglim

List of Streaming Apps for Omnia SP1 ?
« on: 13 Jul 2017, 06:53 am »
We are working on pre-configuring a list of authorised streaming apps for Omnia SP1 (the Play store will be disable so you can't download things that could break the device or affect performance). Omnia SP1 has customised hardware so not all apps will work on it. Common apps like music and video streaming, file explorer, utilities (except compass), photo will work just fine. Certainly the apps that play audio will get much improved performance.

Omnia Apps: Omnia Media Server, Omnia Receiver (aka Renderer or Speaker), Omnia Player
The Omnia Media Server and Receiver run in the background, they are not apps where you need to start or stop. They are essential to the system so can't be shut down.

The following apps will be pre-installed:
Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, Qobuz, Sound Cloud, D-Stream, QQ Music
and we are compiling this list. Please suggest your favourite streaming service app.

Q&A
1. Can Omnia SP1 function as DLNA server ? Yes
2. Can Omnia SP1 stream from other DLNA servers and NASs ? Yes
3. Can Omnia SP1 be used as a controller to stream from one DLNA server to another receiver or speaker other than itself ? Yes
4. Do you plan to offer iOS / Android / Windows / Linux remote control app for Omnia SP1 and other Omnia related devices ? YES
5. Can Omnia software (server, receiver, player) run on other Android devices if I like it so much but don't want to buy your hardware ? Yes and they are free! 
6. If your wonderful software are free, why should I buy your hardware ? Audio performance.
7. Many online music streaming apps have offline mode but are not available in other music player devices. Does it work on Omnia SP1 ? Yes, because we are running the standard Spotify app, we are not using Spotify api. 

zappan

Re: List of Streaming Apps for Omnia SP1 ?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2017, 01:10 pm »
Hey Jason

1) Deezer is strong in Europe, partnering with mobile operators as their strategy to acquire users. Should be included.

2) TuneIn radio - my go to app when it comes to radio

3) And another idea is BandCamp - I'm using BlueSound's streamer, and that is one requested app on their forums too, some artists not available on commercial streaming platforms have their work published under their BandCamp profiles. See what could be done there.

avta

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2017, 02:03 pm »
+1 for TuneIn radio

Samac

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2017, 04:17 pm »
+2 for TuneIn Radio. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it would be a mistake to not include TuneIn. :nono: :D

Cheers,

Scott

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2017, 03:12 am »
Ok, definitely TuneIn Radio, and Deezer