NuPrime IDA-6 $649

zwizardofoz

Re: NuPrime IDA-6 $649
« Reply #20 on: 29 Oct 2016, 02:53 am »
Could be a great setup with 2 of them for a linkwitzlab LXmini build

fredgarvin

« Reply #21 on: 29 Oct 2016, 04:07 pm »
For me, I appreciate the innovation of NuPrime, that it is not singly marketed to a certain 'enthusiast' group. The spectrum of their products is remarkable and modern. The performance of their products, as a whole, exceeds their pricing which is also innovative in my view.  :D

audioguy213

« Reply #22 on: 29 Oct 2016, 06:34 pm »
considering the audience this is marketed to,
I think you need to include a USB input for people hooking up to their computers

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #23 on: 30 Oct 2016, 07:29 pm »
Therefore, it might be confusing for an observer. But if one is in the market for a specific product, we hope each product caters to its target customers.  IDA-8 customers will not consider IDA-16.  People who choose ST-10 typically match different speakers and source components than those who choose STA-9.
What we typically find is that the higher the performance of an amp, the less likely it is to deviate from the highest reference sound. Most people will find that ST-10 and Ref 20 are rather similar.

Products such as IDA-6 are created to target a different set of customers. People who have no experience with picking components and speakers. Within its price and objective, the IDA-6 is designed to solicit "wow, that's nice" from consumers, but it is not going to be raved about (may be for its value for money) by audiophiles. This amp and other similar derivatives are actually from a new architecture.

The actual amp board (without power supply) measured 3"x2". And from an engineering company's perspective, that's innovation.  It is a family of designs for our commercial product line.

I think there needs to be better way for a potential customer to look at your product line. The info provided here (http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/guides/amp-comparison.html) is great and being able to see how the different architectures are mixed and matched is wonderful, but it's already a crowded jumble of letters and numbers with only seven products in there. Consumers love options and data, but there's a very fuzzy line you don't want to cross that leads to paralysis of choice (ref). I don't think we need less information, in fact I'd argue more... but it's just a matter of presenting things in a more cohesive manner.

This was something I felt back in the Nuforce days as well, with the product line ever growing and getting confusing as to which products were suitable for what.

I'm impressed by the size of that amp board. That's actually smaller than the size of a credit card.

srb

« Reply #24 on: 30 Oct 2016, 07:42 pm »
I don't think we need less information, in fact I'd argue more... but it's just a matter of presenting things in a more cohesive manner.

It's called a Matrix Comparison Chart and I believe all manufacturers should make them available on their websites.

Steve

zwizardofoz

« Reply #25 on: 31 Oct 2016, 06:00 am »
Could be a great setup with 2 of them for a linkwitzlab LXmini build

upon looking at the inputs options... if there was a 4 x RCA input to the 4 individual amps that would be a perfect match...I just realised its all digital inputs that won't work for the LXmini http://www.linkwitzlab.com/LXmini/Introduction.htm or for that matter a good option for a single side of the LX521
http://www.linkwitzlab.com/LX521/LX521_4.htm

I have tried the K38 and its way overkill for the mini with 8 channels, and seems to run very hot even when not operating...despite a modest 70W power use. at the K38 price point there are many other options like ATI's new Hypex module amps, so a small 4 channel D class from NuPrime might be perfect with all analogue inputs

triumph

« Reply #26 on: 31 Oct 2016, 01:55 pm »
upon looking at the inputs options... if there was a 4 x RCA input to the 4 individual amps that would be a perfect match...I just realised its all digital inputs that won't work for the LXmini http://www.linkwitzlab.com/LXmini/Introduction.htm or for that matter a good option for a single side of the LX521
http://www.linkwitzlab.com/LX521/LX521_4.htm

I have tried the K38 and its way overkill for the mini with 8 channels, and seems to run very hot even when not operating...despite a modest 70W power use. at the K38 price point there are many other options like ATI's new Hypex module amps, so a small 4 channel D class from NuPrime might be perfect with all analogue inputs

A couple of STA-9s would do the trick.
If that is still too expensive, just wait a little for the upcoming STA-6.

zwizardofoz

« Reply #27 on: 31 Oct 2016, 03:03 pm »
I sold a friend on 2 STA-9's for his build but he ha yet to finish his build so I have not officially heard them yet, so kinda been there done that. I'm using a Lexicon DD-8 on my build, but always looking at better options especially small and efficient ones.  8)