Nuprime WIFI Dongle

Juventino

Nuprime WIFI Dongle
« on: 13 Nov 2015, 02:54 pm »
Hi All

Does anyone have info on the optional WIFI Dongle offered with Nuprime products.
What does the dongle offer

Streaming capabilities
any apps / radio stations etc

For example with the DAC-9 combo?

Meicheng

Re: Nuprime WIFI Dongle
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2015, 05:14 pm »
The dongle with the IDA8 is a Bluetooth dongle, allowing you to stream from a portable device with Bluetooth. 

srb

« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2015, 06:22 pm »
The optional Wi-Fi dongle is not yet available, so any discussion on it would likely be speculation unless NuPrime decides to release pre-sales features and specs.

There is one wireless port which would be for the Bluetooth dongle OR the Wi-Fi dongle, although it's entirely possible that the Wi-Fi dongle could include Bluetooth, as the majority of available wireless chipsets and M.2 wireless modules have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Juventino

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2015, 06:35 pm »
Interesting.
Would be nice to be able stream music wirelessly across all the new Nuprime products.
The Ida-8/16 would be complete with that ability.

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2015, 07:17 pm »
I will provide more info for the WiFi audio receiver next week.
Here you can see the production ready AllPlay Wifi audio board going into the digital port of IDA-8.

We have evaluated many multi-zone protocols and concluded that AllPlay offers the best performance today. By the time we ship we would have full featured app that allows you to play/stream from your phone, NAS, or online (Sportify, Tidal, Pandora etc) music to the receiver which then send its digital signal (S/PDIF format) into the digital port of IDA-8.  The digital port doubled as a 5V power supply for the receiver.

The receiver will have RJ45 input if you prefer to go with cable for best performance. It has optical, analog, and the custom NuPrime port as outputs.
You can use this receiver as your normal AllPlay receiver for other audio devices that accept optical and analog inputs.

Expected retail price is $99.  It has Wolfson 24/96K DAC inside and performance is quite good.

This will form the entry level of our WiFi audio solution. For high end WiFi audio, we have the Omnia platform. For example, if you want to stream DSD256 file from NAS to the Omnia (or from one Omnia to another), you would need Omnia as the receiver.
But if you just want to decode DSD256 file on Omnia and stream at 24/96K to AllPlay receivers (in up to 10 rooms), that will work too.
So you can mix and match NuPrime Omnia with other devices such as AllPlay, SONOS, AirPlay.

They will all work, easy to use, easy to setup and high performance.

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2015, 07:27 pm »
On the market today, all the ALLPlay compatible speakers lack a full featured player app that can stream music from NAS, local disk, and online music. They also lack the ability to create playlist.  I have seen two very powerful apps (we can't really call them player app anymore because they do more than that) that will be on the market by January, 2016.  It is true that when the app is implemented well, it shows off the true power of AllPlay technology.

So you can combine one receiver and STA-9 mono amp and turn your passive speaker into a high-end active left or right speaker.  Just add another set for the other speakers. AllPlay has the ability to do L and R in sync, you can't hear the latency.

Juventino

« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2015, 07:34 pm »
Wow that sounds awesome. cant wait for the finished product.
This will really round off a complete product range with a small footprint.

I have been reading the thread about the Omnia as well and if you can get some of the specifications that people have requested into a small product it would sell like hot cakes!

I will be reading with great interest on the Omnia and the finished Wifi dongle.

It's great to have Members on forums like these sharing their own products information, new innovations and also asking prospective buyers what they would like in a product.

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2015, 04:51 am »
The final production version should have RJ45 input besides WiFi. 
It also has the custom port to connect to IDA-8. Optical out and analog outputs also.
The sound quality is quite good. And you can't tell the latency even when streaming to several receivers all at the same time with same music. Qualcomm has done an excellent job in the AllPlay implementation.

But not all the AllPlay receivers/speakers out there are the same.  There are two main differences:
1. DAC and design skill of the vendor.  I am pointing out the obvious here.
2. Player software. SONOS has spent many years developing their app so all the AllPlay compatible App on the market today are very rudimentary. NuPrime has collaborated with a Qualcomm appointed SI (system integrator) for this receiver and we will both market a full featured app.  All other AllPlay customers from Monster, Logitech, Panasonic etc can also buy this App (Android first, iOS next) in late January when we release the receiver. 

The receiver will be on Indiegogo for crowdfunding to pay for the expensive certification and tooling cost so early bird can get it as low as $49 (only 100 will be available), next is $59, $69.  Even at the full retail price of $99, this is well worth the price.
ASUS sell something for $99 also but .... :)

Juventino

« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2015, 05:21 am »
When wil this go on Indiegogo?
I would definitely be interested.

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 24 Nov 2015, 08:50 pm »
Probably sometime mid December or later.  If you sign up for the mailing list on nuprimeaudio.com, you will be informed of the starting date.

V-Fi

« Reply #10 on: 7 Dec 2015, 08:04 pm »
Seems like a great idea. Maybe obvious, but would this also work with my DAC-10H with the spdif input?

rustydoglim

« Reply #11 on: 14 Dec 2015, 02:49 pm »
Yes.
By the way, we are adding analog in as well. Why? Because it doesn't just receive.  It can let you stream your analog source to one or more receivers or speakers around the house.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #12 on: 14 Dec 2015, 02:55 pm »
Cool. Count me in. I'm on the email list already.

Juventino

« Reply #13 on: 19 Dec 2015, 08:32 pm »
Hi,

Any news yet on a date you will be launching this on Indiegogo?

This is all I have missing at the moment.

pixelmixture

« Reply #14 on: 24 Dec 2015, 03:28 pm »
airplay compatibility would be very welcomed .... even if it's not really rated audiophile

ROON compatibility of the wifi dongle would be awesome .
« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2015, 03:27 pm by pixelmixture »

rustydoglim

« Reply #15 on: 26 Dec 2015, 07:37 pm »
We will probably have photo of product samples after the New Year, and plan to start the Indiegogo project around Jan 14.
If you are on the Nuprime newsletter mailing list you will be notified a few days before the confirmed release date.
We will have some really cheap early bird Perks. 
For $99 (full retail price), you get a quality receiver with analog input, RJ45 and WiFi, plus optical and analog outputs.
This sure beats the cheap $35 Chromecast.
Qualcomm's AllPlay is the most reliable and robust WiFi audio solution.  I can't tell any lag whether it has left and right speaker in sync, or 5 speakers playing the same music.

I just setup my original NuForce Icon amp + S1 speakers with NuPrime WD-100 receiver in my bedroom. Nice!

pixelmixture

« Reply #16 on: 26 Dec 2015, 08:18 pm »
is AllPlay compatible with airplay ?

Juventino

« Reply #17 on: 26 Dec 2015, 09:08 pm »
Can't wait to see the pics, sounds like an extremely interesting unit.
If AirPlay is available will make it even better as an all in one.

Keep us updated on your testing.

Juventino

« Reply #18 on: 29 Dec 2015, 11:35 am »
Looks like Qualcomms Allplay is compatible with AIRPLAY
Looks like Qualcomm also purchased CSR which are the APTX for bluetooth company.

rustydoglim

« Reply #19 on: 29 Dec 2015, 01:15 pm »
But the aptX chip is not used in the current AllPlay module.
Also, Airplay is not automatically included.  Apple certification and the security chip still has to be added.
We will likely have $99 for AllPlay only, and $149 for AllPlay + AirPlay.