Why do we seem to be seeing less audiophiles?

rustydoglim

Re: Why do we seem to be seeing less audiophiles?
« Reply #140 on: 24 Jan 2018, 07:43 pm »
Fair enough.  But I am still the dictator in this little circle.  :lol:

2bigears

« Reply #141 on: 24 Jan 2018, 09:29 pm »
 :D a few peeps mentioned to sit and listen with the lights out and eyes closed is just not what people do anymore. They want to be hyper stimulated or simply numbed out with dumb ass tv.   A good set of speakers run 2 grand to ten grand. That's one little piece of the system. Plus the room is the most important part of any system.  A dedicated treated room is a must or just go buy a mini system and be happy.  Simple economics also plays a big big factor.  The middle class is going away fast. The backbone of an economy. This is just a few reasons. Is there even enough good new music to warrant a big investment ? Lord have mercy.   :D

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #142 on: 24 Jan 2018, 09:44 pm »
I agree that in OTHER COUNTRIES audio is not vanishing. In fact it is growing.
Particularly in China and somewhat in Germany.
So the 'death of the Audiophile' is exclusively an American phenomenon.

Genez

« Reply #143 on: 24 Jan 2018, 09:53 pm »

But this topic was more about audiophiles in general. Not specifically about NuPrime.

The poster I was responding to, also seemed to be commenting on the lack of brick and mortar stores, in the So Cal area, in general, not specifically where to listen to NuPrime.

This is specifically the NuPrime forum section... Then, may we suggest you start a "Brick and Mortar" forum in Audio Circle?  :D

When I am in forums headed by other brands I find myself leaving certain brand names left out of the conversation.

Audio Advisor carries NuPrime and provides a 30 day trial/return policy.   I have found that a home audition - in your system - is the very best way to hear a component to really know what it offers.  It can sound totally different in the shop.... I know.   I used to work in one.