EVOKE/NuPRIME Room gets high praise from ABSOLUTE SOUND

John Casler

EVOKE/NuPRIME Room gets high praise from ABSOLUTE SOUND

Some months ago, two events occured:

1) Mark from EVOKE Speakers finished his EDDIE Prototype
2) I was finally able to get my hands on the NuPRIME MCH K-38 Amplifier

Ever since I have found myself in a much more "excited" state about Audio than I have been in many years.

Fast forward to The Home Entertainment Show in Newport Beach this past weekend, where I was able to put these two companies together and field a "small" room and a rather simple system.

While there are MANY challenges to reproducing the sound you hear in YOUR room, in a small hotel room, we had a modicum of success, and many of the qualities of the gear were evident to others.

So it goes without saying, that all of us were very pleased to see that one of the most prominent AUDIO REVIEWERS (Robert Harley) gave  EDDIE and NuPRIME such a GREAT Thumbs UP  :thumb: recognition of that marriage and effort.

Robert placed us in the Best Sound (for the money) as below:

Robert Harley’s Best of Show

Best Sound (for the money)

"The Eddie speaker from a new speaker company called Evoke caught my ear for its tremendous price-to-performance ratio. The $3995-per-pair Eddie features a ribbon tweeter, planar-magnetic midrange, and a cone woofer. Driven by NuPrime electronics, it sounded clean, fast, and transparent—and like it should cost much more than $4k."

Note that EDDIE is being introduced at $2995 a pair with a limited number at that price in our FOUNDER'S CIRCLE. For a full version of all his reviews visit the link:
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/the-show-at-newport-robert-harley-on-analog-and-digital-sources/

For those interested the system consisted of the following components, and their current prices:

1) NuPRIME HD AVP - $2350
2) NuPRIME MCH K38 - $2995
3) EVOKE EDDIE Speaker System - $2995

The system could be "reproduced" for even less, if you don't need the SERVER capabilities of the HD AVP and you could substitute the DAC-10 - $1495.  As well, you could also employ a PAIR of the NuPRIME STA-9 - $649 each, to have an UNREAL system in the current retail neighborhood of less than $5800

« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2016, 03:52 pm by John Casler »