Nuprime's unique amplifier design features

Genez

Nuprime's unique amplifier design features
« on: 13 Aug 2015, 11:47 pm »
Hello everyone..

I can not  locate a technical description of what sets the NuPrime design apart from typical digital amp designs.  When it was Nuforce, there was a description on their web page.  I speak of the features such as the absence of typical phase shift and how its operation is actually analog in nature.   Does NuPrime have such a description available online?  I am trying to introduce someone to the product who has a strong engineering background, and want to give him exacting data that he can relate to.

Thanks,  Gene

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
Re: Nuprime's unique amplifier design features
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2015, 01:07 am »
NuPrime hasn't been sharing much except press releases lately.  Jason used to be very active on the forums when he was with Nuforce -- I am guessing he didn't continue with NuPrime?

mv

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2015, 06:28 pm »
NuPrime hasn't been sharing much except press releases lately.  Jason used to be very active on the forums when he was with Nuforce -- I am guessing he didn't continue with NuPrime?

Isn't rustydoglim = Jason ?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2015, 06:35 pm »
"Isn't rustydoglim = Jason ?"

One and the same.  :thumb:

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2015, 12:27 am »

OMG, I have been posting all the articles here. :)
rustydoglim = Jason

The design principles are the same and were mentioned in the amp's manual. I forgot to post them on the website, didn't realize anyone care about the design details.
But since the NuPrime era, a lot more innovations have occurred on the design and implementation. The architecture remains the same (just like car, it is still a six cylinder engine but much have been improved).

Genez

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2015, 03:08 am »
The design principles are the same and were mentioned in the amp's manual. I forgot to post them on the website, didn't realize anyone care about the design details.

The reason I asked is because there are people out there that think NuPrime works just like any other digital amp.   I remember reading a description explaining how its function is different, and should really be considered an analog amp in its playing, not digital.   

I probably just bollixed it up when trying to give the description. See why I wanted the info?   :wink:

Arpagon

« Reply #6 on: 17 Aug 2015, 07:32 pm »
Jason will correct me if I am wrong, but think he insists on the fact that his class D amps are not digital amps.  :?
But what is a digital amp anyway ?
He describes his amps as «analog switching», and so do companies like Devialet and Chord electronics.
I have not been able to grab what distinguishes the Nuprime technology from the technology of these other companies.
I suppose that somewhere down the line, one must rely on the fact that the proof is in the pudding...

Genez

« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2015, 08:31 pm »
Jason will correct me if I am wrong, but think he insists on the fact that his class D amps are not digital amps.  :?
But what is a digital amp anyway ?
He describes his amps as «analog switching», and so do companies like Devialet and Chord electronics.
I have not been able to grab what distinguishes the Nuprime technology from the technology of these other companies.
I suppose that somewhere down the line, one must rely on the fact that the proof is in the pudding...

What we have been saying is proof that we need that data print out.  There is a difference between digital and analog switching.  Its why Nuprime sounds so good when compared to the typical digital sound.  Some folks assume Nuprime (and did the same with Nuforce) that these are just glorified digital amps,  when they are something other.   Its like having two cars... One is diesel and the other gas.  Some will assume that there is no difference.  Just try starting a diesel in freezing weather...