Multichannel Amp

kbuzz3

Multichannel Amp
« on: 12 Jan 2015, 10:18 pm »
Any word if nu prime is planning a multichannel amp?

John Casler

Re: Multichannel Amp
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2015, 04:04 am »
Any word if nu prime is planning a multichannel amp?

Well since the "cat is out of the bag", with an AD just published in Sound and Vision, I guess I can post a bit of information.

Yes, there are two NuPRIME amps coming soon: (late March is the projected time)

1) NuPrime MCA-K28SE - $3495

The NuPrime MCA-K28SE is a Reference LE class multi-channel amplifier designed for uncompromising home theater and music listening. Offering quality parts throughout and advanced, new generation of high-efficiency 700kHz switching amplifier operations, the MCA-K28SE delivers a full 400 watts into 4 Ohm (200W at 8 Ohm) per channel. Each pair of output channels can be bridged to double the power to 400W at 8 Ohm.

2) NuPRIME MCA-K28 - $2495

The NuPrime MCA-K28 is a Reference LE class 8-channel amplifier designed for uncompromising home theater and music listening. Offering quality parts throughout and advanced, new generation of high-efficiency 700kHz switching amplifier operations, the MCA-K28 delivers a full 300 watts into 4 Ohm (150W at 8 Ohm) per channel.  Each pair of the output channels can be bridged to double the power to 300W at 8 Ohm.

*** Note that MCA-K28 is heavier than MCA-K28SE and it uses a linear power supply with lesser power than the high performance low noise switching power supply used in MCA-K28SE.

MCA-K28SE has RCA and XLR inputs whereas MCA-K28 only comes with RCA inputs.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2015, 07:36 pm by John Casler »

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2015, 07:49 am »
Good news is this will give you a preliminary idea of the amp

Bad news is, it will not likely be available until end of March
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2015, 09:17 pm by John Casler »

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2015, 07:17 pm »
Here is the AD that ran in Sound and Vision with the updated visuals of the K-28 Multichannel Amp

Again, these likely will not ship until late March, but we will have a "pre-order" availability.

John Casler

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2015, 08:19 pm »
Has the the MCP 18 gone bye bye?  If so, I'm glad I got one when I did.  It took a while for it to settle in, but I now appreciate what a great sounding line stage it is.  It's too bad the market can't seem to sustain a high quality analog multi-channel preamp like this.

Russ

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2015, 09:15 pm »
Has the the MCP 18 gone bye bye?  If so, I'm glad I got one when I did.  It took a while for it to settle in, but I now appreciate what a great sounding line stage it is.  It's too bad the market can't seem to sustain a high quality analog multi-channel preamp like this.

Russ

Hi Russ,

Yes, they are/were an exceptional value even at the original retail of $999.  At $599 they were a steal.

I have not received a  :thumb: on them making it into the NuFORCE/OPTOMA line up, and they are not listed on the website.

If I hear anything, I will post it, but in the NuFORCE Circle.

john925

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2015, 06:18 pm »
Here is the AD that ran in Sound and Vision with the updated visuals of the K-28 Multichannel Amp

Again, these likely will not ship until late March, but we will have a "pre-order" availability.

John Casler

This combo is amazing

John Casler

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jan 2015, 06:54 pm »
I agree, and might add, that this COMBINATION using the K28SE version should offer a quality of sonic performance that rivals any dedicated 2 channel version of most High End 2 channel systems.

The parts and implementation qualities are just that good.

And when you then look at the price, it appears seriously under-priced.

John Casler

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jan 2015, 02:13 am »
As an UPDATE, the MCA-K28SE will now be changed to the MCA-K38

shauk786

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2015, 02:18 am »
Jason/John,

How will the DAC quality in the HDAV30 compare with that of the IDA 16 or DAC 10? I am seriously looking at getting the combo HDAV30/K-28SE for 2-Channel, multichannel for both PCM and DSD. As well as for my home theater system.

Regards,
Shaukat.

rustydoglim

« Reply #10 on: 19 Jan 2015, 05:47 pm »
Jason/John,

How will the DAC quality in the HDAV30 compare with that of the IDA 16 or DAC 10? I am seriously looking at getting the combo HDAV30/K-28SE for 2-Channel, multichannel for both PCM and DSD. As well as for my home theater system.

Regards,
Shaukat.

The DAC in HDAV-30 is a full featured DAC using a cheaper version of ESS DAC (9010?) but still does DSD256 decoding. So the performance as fas as DAC is concern, quite close.  The HDAV-30 and MCA-K38 (not K-28SE) will cost about slightly over $5000 combined. You would have to put goether HDAV-30 and IDA-16 plus a few channels of power amp (ST-10) to match the capability and ended up costing more than $6500

So go with IDA-16 for pure and simple 2 channel system. For the do it all and serious audiophile quality go with MCA-K** and HDAV-30.