4am wake up call HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

rosconey

« on: 16 May 2004, 11:40 am »
at about 4 this morning a was awakened from a super loud hummmmmmmmmm-thought a plane was crashing into my house :o .
got up to investigate and when i walked past the 2channel room it got louder.bolth amps that were hooked up to the left chanell of my tempest were going wild :cry: (left main and sub)
i turned everthing off, unplugged and went back to sleep.
boy its nice to have a guy like klaus behind what you buy, i didnt get upset(not like me at all) because i know how well klaus will service the unit.
got up at 7am and turned everthing on and the humm was still there, oh well-i hooked my yamaha back up and the hummm was gone.

its nice to know that what you bought will be taken care of,that little piece of mind let me get back to sleep with no problem. :mrgreen:

i realise its a fluke thing , but i dont think i'll be leaveing the amps on 24/7 anymore.wouldnt want this happening while i was at work.

rosconey

« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2004, 08:40 pm »
freeky shit happens i guess :o
been running the amps since 7am or so-no problems-about 11am a hooked the tempest back in the system, no problems (about 5.5 hours ago) :?

wtf happened :?:

jasonc

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2004, 12:07 am »
Don't worry, it's not the Odyssey gear.. your house just seems to be a little haunted.

amandarae

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2004, 06:41 am »
rosconey,

Just a suggestion, check them grounding on your main outlets (power) especially where the equipments that hums previously are connected.  I f you have an old house like mine, and you thought that once you change the receptacle you are fine, forget about it!  What you described happened to me one time.   Just make sure that the ground wire on the gang holder (is that right?) are not loose.  Be careful in doing this man!  Especially if you are lazy not to turn-off the main power panel before doing so.

Just a thought.....