GR Research Shipping to Canada

undertowogt1

GR Research Shipping to Canada
« on: 11 Aug 2016, 09:02 pm »
Hi,

I am looking into ordering from GR research. When I am on the GR site and enter my POSTAL CODE, then click  "get rates", my response is Shipping not available. Does GR Research Ship to Canada? My other option would be to go through Rythmik Audio I guess.

PDR

• May the best man win
Re: GR Research Shipping to Canada
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2016, 09:52 pm »
I've had a bunch of stuff shipped from GR....I'm in Alberta.

I tried to order a few weeks ago and had a similar problem.
Just give Danny a call, numbers on the website, or you can PM him here.

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2016, 09:58 pm »
I have also bought some items off Danny and they were shipped.  I recall I called him at the time.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2016, 10:17 pm »
I live in the US just a couple hundred miles from Danny but I always call, PM or email him. He has a lot of offerings that don't show up on the website so it's a good idea to correspond directly

Mike

undertowogt1

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2016, 11:28 pm »
ok, I will make the call when I am ready to purchase. thanks guys

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2016, 12:10 am »
Where are you in Canada?  Here in downtown Toronto, CanadaPost (means it originates from USPS) is really good, and FedEx is expensive but good (they charge brokerage fees like UPS) and UPS is a royal PITA to deal with as their pick up site is out in BFE a good 50 minutes each way and limited hours. 

Captainhemo

« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2016, 12:29 am »
Cross border shipping is expensive. Best thing to do it ship it to  a US border town outlet, drive down and pick it up yourself if possible, just remind Danny to let you know what box the  receipt is in if more than one box , you'll need it at customs. I'd think there would be somewhere in  Northern NY that would work well for you. Most places that  offer these services charge very   small fees, well worth it. You simply register, then when a package arrives for you , they'll email you  and let you know it's  there..

jay

JoshK

« Reply #7 on: 12 Aug 2016, 01:29 am »
There are lots of such places, also some re-shippers that turn out to be much cheaper and do the customs and legit duties.  Not sure how they work that out, but I've had some success on heavier but cheaper stuff like subwoofer flatpacks, and surround speaker boxes. I guess it depends on the weight and value to some extent.

Most Canadians live within 100 miles of the border, so it might make sense for a lot of Canadians. However, I personally can't be bothered, living in Toronto, to drive a couple hours each way (without traffic) and cross a crowded border to subsequently deal with the customs each way (I'm NEXUS certified, US citz, Canadian perm resident, so I'm super easy) and pay the HST anyway unless you want to risk it to save what? $50-100 in brokerage or shipping?  My time plus the gas mileage on my Jeep would put me well in the red for doing that without consideration of the inconvenience and time.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2016, 06:17 pm by JoshK »

undertowogt1

« Reply #8 on: 12 Aug 2016, 01:50 am »
Where are you in Canada?  Here in downtown Toronto, CanadaPost (means it originates from USPS) is really good, and FedEx is expensive but good (they charge brokerage fees like UPS) and UPS is a royal PITA to deal with as their pick up site is out in BFE a good 50 minutes each way and limited hours.

I am in Toronto as well.

Guy 13

« Reply #9 on: 12 Aug 2016, 02:19 am »
A little off topic...
A few years back,
Danny sent me on planet Vietnam
two Rythmik F12G, one V1 kit, one V2 kit, a Majik Buss,
a few 12'' Acoustinator woofers, two SA-1 plate amplifier and some small parts
via ??? Don't remember which Air Cargo forwarder...
With Danny Ritchie no problemo !  :thumb:

Guy 13

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 12 Aug 2016, 01:21 pm »
We ship product to other countries all the time.

Sometimes the online ordering system fails to recognize some Canadian postal codes. Sorry about that guys.

There is no problem shipping you orders though.

You can shoot me you order via e-mail and I'll get you a shipping quote.

undertowogt1

« Reply #11 on: 12 Aug 2016, 04:03 pm »
Perfect, thank you