Felicia Balancing PowerConditioner Constructor's Thread

BRN

Re: Felicia Balancing PowerConditioner Constructor's Thread
« Reply #480 on: 4 Jun 2007, 10:30 pm »
I did some listening with my subs connected to my Felix. I had to connect a sub and a Paramount together on a single Felix circuit. The first thing I noticed was that the mains and subs integrated better. This seemed to create a very good sense of reality. I could pinpoint where all the musicians were located. The one area that seemed to suffer were the dynamics. I believe that this is caused be having the subs and amps connected to the Felix. I'm thinking that I will build Felixs for each sub, but may use a little different cap configurations (1.0/0.1/0.01uF) and use the 8121 CMC.

I'm very impressed with the what the Felix has done to improve the overall sound of my system, and feel that I just need the right combination of caps and CMC for the subs.

JoshK

« Reply #481 on: 4 Jun 2007, 11:56 pm »
Thanks BRN for your feedback and having been the one to try it.  My subs aren't built yet.  I think you are probably right about having too much on one Felix.  Theorectically it shouldn't matter but subjectively I think we are more sensitive to minutia that is readily evident.

kinku

« Reply #482 on: 22 Jun 2012, 11:54 am »
Hi,
I got attracted with this balancing power DIY.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=18441.0
CAUTIONS!

1. The input 'hot' line should be fused to reflect the maximun draw allowed for the input transformer. In the case of the 175va Signal transformer initially reccomended, for the single output, it should be a 1amp fuse, reflecting the downrating required by the series connection of the primaries down to 88VA. In versions 2 & 3 where the input primaries are configured in parallel, a 2amp fuse should be used reflecting that 175VA rating. As the transformer is an EI core feeding a 'small' capacitance of 15uf, that rating should not cause turn-on surge tripping.
Also, if the unit is plugged into a large draw component, like an amplifier, you want the fuse to trip rather than have the transformer go into meltdown.

is there a version 2 or 3 for This project using a different configuration?
if you use a 1 amp fuse as stated to limit the power draw as 85VA in the input section (F1),the F2 and F3 should only be 0.5 amp to keep the power rating the same in this schematic?correct me if wrong please.

kinku

« Reply #483 on: 2 Dec 2012, 06:57 pm »
Hi All,
Just an update after using Felicia Balanced power conditioner for 3 months I came to this conclusion. I tried the capacitor banks but the configuration I liked was with out  C2&C5 (0.47uf)
1. It defenitely improves the back ground of your music and tremendous increase in sound stage and clarity.
2. At least for me without 0.47uf not in felicia the high frequencies are accentuated to a greater extent and bass response become slightly weaker(unsure)
3. Tremendous listening fatigue. every  day I  listen with felicia powering my line level devices ultamte result is a nagging ache in my head.When I power things directly it is no there.Regardless of the source.I tried my CD player,Squeezebox touch and Tvico player. :(
Does anyone has any suggestions? I am planning to put 0.47 in line and see if that helps.At least some scientific explanantion why that happens?

nccz69

« Reply #484 on: 6 Oct 2013, 09:49 am »
Hi All,

I'm from Singapore. Since about 3~4 years ago I built a Felicia Power Conditioner from the information found on this site.
I've since enjoyed many years for amazing music thanks to all of you.
All my equipment are 230V, which work well according to our local supply. However, recently I got a CD transport that run on 120V.

Can anyone tell me if it is alright to put a step-down transformer after the Felicia conditioner?
I acquired a isolated step-down transformer lately, and I intend to hookup between our conditioner and the socket. is there anything that I should watch out for?

feovo

« Reply #485 on: 11 May 2022, 11:22 pm »
hi
   sorry am late , is there any new update in design?. thanks

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #486 on: 12 May 2022, 01:06 pm »
Just some reminders on this old project:
a] all capacitors used in AC power circuits need to be 'X' & 'Y' types.
b] all power filters should be wired as close to their audio components as practicable.